Workshop wet & dry vacuum

Home Forum Chat Forum Workshop wet & dry vacuum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Workshop wet & dry vacuum
  • Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

I’ve got an Aquavac (Henry clone) which seems ok for sawdust – no where near as good filtering as the Dyson (fills the workshop with a mist of fine dust), but can swallow a lot of rubble without complaining.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

I’ve got a trend workshop vac with power take off. Robust, filters well, long hose and lead and easier to hook up to tools than domestic hoovers, its not wet and dry though.

Also got a dewalt wet and dry that can run on mains or 18v dewalt battery- handy if you already use the batteries. Also blows and have used it as a blower for an adhoc forge. Doesn’t have huge capacity and the lead and hose are annoyingly short. If the hose was better I’d use it a lot more.

Also have an old medivac. Super good filtration (designed for people with allergies) and very quiet. Cost about £500 new but I picked up mine at an auction for a £10er

andyl

Dyson can’t cope with building mess and I could do with a vacuum for the workshop anyway when the flat is finished as I need to suck up filings and water with carbon fibre dust in.

Spotted a Karcher with blow function and power tool socket (comes on when the tool start) which would be handy. Any experience with them or suggestions?

project

mcallister from b and q about 60 quid, 5 year warranty, power takeoff, sucks water and dust also shaving easily, bit noisy but it works well, had it about 4 years after a an aqua vac and a record power vac.

Oh and its got loads of capacity for shavings, just brush the paper filter out after a few uses.

trail_rat

the macalister is the bollocks – i borrowed one …. couldnt find one

ended up getting a titan wet n dry on special from screw fix … its doing the job well – mines getting alot of sanding dust atm as its attached to my detail sander making the walls good for painting.

It has power take off and i think its 40 litre – but the macalister really was better.

andyl

Just to update…Cheers for the suggestions. Went to B&Q to take a look at the Macallister ones but my local B&Q is too small to stock them. Ended up looking at the Karcher outlet one night and they had a 3.540P on offer for £38 inc. delivery. So far so good, except the bags clog up very easily with plaster dust (bought a pack of 5 online from vacbags).

Never seen so many attachments come with a vacuum cleaner and it really has a powerful suck to it. You can plug the extension hose into the blow outlet and blow dust and suck it up at the same time.

Premier Icon BigJohn
    Subscriber

Yes I wanted the B&Q one for the power auto-on but my B&Q didn’t have one. Got a Wickes £50 job and use with my circular saw . Saves a lot of dust.

Matching up nozzle diameters is a pain but we had an old plastic kid’s baseball bat which I cut down to make adapters.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Matching up nozzle diameters is a pain but we had an old plastic kid’s baseball bat which I cut down to make adapters.

Thats the fun bit – finding those precious bits of plastic that sleeve inside each other….. and then not loosing them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Workshop wet & dry vacuum’ is closed to new replies.