Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Works components headset – easiest way to get back to zero?
  • oldnpastit

I’ve got an On-One Codeine which I bought second hand from here. It came with a Works Component 2 degree headset.

I think this just makes it too slack and floppy for my liking – trying to ride it through twisty turny Thetford singletrack gives me motion sickness after a while. It’s probably not helped by the forks which have a 46mm offset.

(OK, a 140mm travel 29er is never going to be ideal in such conditions but even so).

Do I just remove the headset and put in a regular one, or is there some ingenious hack I can do that means I don’t have to knock-out and replace the top and bottom races?

Thanks

BadlyWiredDog

You could invert the cups which would make it 2˚ quicker steering than stock, but basically you just need to fit a standard headset. I found the sealing on the WC headsets was appalling anyway and things just tended to seize up.

oldnpastit

I’ve found a really great way to do this – I’m going to take it to my LBS who will fit a Hope Headset for me. This means that I don’t have to do the whole whacking with a great big hammer thing, which I hate.

legend
    Free Member

More importantly……. motion sickness?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Works components headset – easiest way to get back to zero?’ is closed to new replies.