Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Works components chainring (or XX1) – front chain guide required?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

So, I’ve currently got a Shadow+ XTR 1×10 setup, with a standard (e13) chainring and an e13 front chain guide – top only. Works fine for me, I’ve never lost the chain whilst pedalling / descending (Sometimes it falls off pissing around / rolling backwards etc, but I can live with that).

Anyway, if I upgrade to a works components front chainring (with the big/small teeth to match the chain, a la XX1), can I lose the chain device? I know the obvious answer to this question is “try it!” but I wondered if anyone else had tried it?

njee20
    Free Member

This needs to be a sticky!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    warpcow
    Free Member

There’s another thread about the Wolfstooth one that has plenty of people having success, me included (Works ring + Zee mech on a HT).

DT78
    Free Member

Has anyone tried it on full on downhill? Off to morzine in 6 weeks and have the fun that is filling down granny tabs and fiddling to fit a full chain device, or maybe play with one of these….

russ295
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a 32t wolf tooth one with a bash and a 11-36 cassette.
    Non clutch xt long cage mech and had a day at chopwell yesterday and had a few local rides which included a few flights of stairs and its been fine up to now.

Northwind

DT78 – Member

Has anyone tried it on full on downhill?

Not proper downhill but rattled my hardtail fairly slowly down fort william with no bother. I’ll not be fitting one to the dh bike I think, though, I’d probably not want to lose the chain device on that anyway (and the advantages of doing so are smaller) so it seems a little pointless.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Works components chainring (or XX1) – front chain guide required?’ is closed to new replies.