Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Works components angle reducer headsets
  • andythom28
    Free Member

Ive been trying to contact this company for weeks via email to see if they have a -1.5degree headset to fit my mojo hd but they don’t like answering their mail. Does anyone know if they have a landline or mobile number so I can get in touch and order the right headset.
    Cheers Andrew

JoeG
    Free Member

Try On-one.

granny_ring

What size headtube is it?
    If it’s 1″1/8 then you can only get a 1 degree headset.

dreednya

They currently don’t do one for Mojo SL as they have yet to develop one for IS headsets with the bearings resting within the carbon frame – is the last I have heard. They did have some Titus carbon frames in with a similar headtube and headset requirement and were developing a compatible angle reducer headset a few months back. Not heard anything since so guessing they’ve not solved the problem yet. If you find a solution can you post it on here as I wouldn’t mind slackening my SL a tad 🙂

First of all Andrew, apologies for consistantly missing your e-mail.

dreednya is correct – at the moment IS headtubes are not supported – we did make some prototypes but there is a much greater allowable tolerance between frames with IS headtubes due to the drop-in bearing fitment – there could be upto .1mm difference between manufacturers. Because of this it is difficult to make a headset that we can guarrantee will fit different frames.

If it is any ‘standar fit’ headset we have you covered in one way or another now.

Just to explain the sometimes poor response etc – we are a small business which struggles to keep ahead at the best of times – i went on holiday 3 weeks ago and managed to bring a pretty nasty bug back which as done the rounds here – that with being quite busy has put us on the back-foot.

In no way would we ignore e-mails deliberately, we just need to catch up so please dont be offended.

Please try and email again if it is not an IS headset or if you have any querys – sent to the normal address with the title FAO Rick and i will see you get a reply in a timely manner.

Thanks, Rick@Works

andythom28
    Free Member

Hi guys, this is the info I got from my lbs on my head tube
    They say I need a zs49-28.6 for the upper
    And a zs49-30 for the lower
    All I know is that the frame has a tapered head tube and I run a standard 1.1/8″ steered fork
    Hope this helps
    Andrew

singlespeedstu

Rick.

Any chance you can answer my emails too please?

Or does anyone have a contact number for them?

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

RICK: I have also been trying to contact you. I am desperate for a EC44 (top+bottom) -2* headset for a 110mm HT for 1 1/8″ straight forks. I need 20mm insertion depth though, not the stock 9mm. Please respond as I am dying to get it ordered! I have Facebook messaged, posted on your FB posts, and mailed from my work email and my personal hotmail.

Many thanks, Jay

singlespeedstu

My headset arrived on saturday morning.
    Dead easy to fit and works very well.

richmtb

Will these headsets fit any standard 1.1/8″ frame eg one that takes a standard headset with external cups?

scruff
    Free Member

Yeah, them proper ace. Got a 1deg on my Heckler.

singlespeedstu

Got a 1 degree on mrs stus heckler and a 1.5 degree on my tallboy ltc.

richmtb

Thanks guys. Might try one on my Turner 5 spot

Sorry guys, we are behind here and trying to catch up with things at the moment – you are not being ignored.

@YetiBoyJay – At the moment we don’t have any 20mm insertion EC44 cups, we are having to steer clear now of totally custom headsets due to the time they take – sorry! Something like a headset for longer headtube etc we can still do but this would require a totally new cup.

Please re-send any e-mails that have gone un-answered and I will reply asap.

Thanks, apologies for the poor service of late.

Rick

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

No problems mate, thanks for the reply. I am gutted but not your fault business is booming!

I will respond to your email now.

Anyone know where else I can try?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Works components angle reducer headsets’ is closed to new replies.