Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Working with complete Loony & Conspiracy Theory madness…
  • timc
    Free Member

So apparently there is a planet visable at the moment to the South East / South, anyone know what it is?

I said I was surprised it wasnt on BBC’s website, Looney tells me they wouldnt publish it because it would cause widespread panic as its a brand new planet? Aliens I joked, wouldnt be surprised was his serious reply… 🙄

This then rolls onto a storey that the USA have empited the Federal reserves & there is no longer any gold at Fort Knox or the Pentagon because they have spent $10Trillion on building an underground city for the privilaged few for when dooms day comes…

Not going for lunch with him alone again any time soon 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

next question, will you get fired for playing games with him 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

There are loads of sky map apps out there, probably some websites but definitely phone apps – Google make one.

As for the nutter – either blind him with science (but don’t, cos it’s pointless) or tease him by telling him even more outrageous stories.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timc
    Free Member

I know, I dont care enough to find out, its probably the bloody moon ahha

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

the USA have empited the Federal reserves & there is no longer any gold at Fort Knox

Probably true.

UK doesn’t have any gold reserves (courtesy of Gordon Brown who decided to sell it all, at the lowest price possible in recent years, which serves to highlight his financial acuity).

binners

Debating anything with a conspiracy theorist is like trying to explain the concepts of compassion or empathy to a Tory. Utterly pointless!

You could make him a new tinfoil helmet 😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

He’s wrong about the planet but right about the lack of physical gold. But instead of building Doomsday cities the Fed has used it and endless QE to prop-up an economy that is unsustainable.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

If the QE is genuinely endless, its probably sustainable, just FYI.

wwaswas

tell him you’ve spoken to your friend at GCHQ and he told you it was nothing to worry about but he wanted your colleagues name and other details so they could contact him directly to reassure him.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

The Loony isn’t called Dylan (formerly of BikeMagic forum) is he??

joemc
    Free Member

My favourite response is “of course you know all such internet conspiracy theories are developed and circulated by a secret underground pan governmental organisation to keep the prying minds of keyboard detectives away from the real truth”

It causes them a bit of a logic processing overload…

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I bumped in to an old friend the other day who told me all sorts of things during an evening out. I think my favourite two were:

1) That there was an infinite amount of electrical energy in the air all around us and that the technology to harness it was perfected years ago, but that the oil companies have it all covered up so they can keep charging us for energy.

2) That anti gravity technology was perfected years ago but (similary) was all covered up so the public could continue being charged for flights. According to him back to the future hover boards are a reality.

timc
    Free Member

wattsymtb – Member
    That anti gravity technology was perfected years ago but (similary) was all covered up so the public could continue being charged for flights. According to him back to the future hover boards are a reality.

Outstanding!! 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

1) That there was an infinite amount of electrical energy in the air all around us and that the technology to harness it was perfected years ago, but that the oil companies have it all covered up so they can keep charging us for energy.

Ah…..the Tesla Car 😀

Had many a debate with someone about that, he eventually conceded it was “probably exaggerated or made up”

MrOvershoot

Lady Gresley – Member
    The Loony isn’t called Dylan (formerly of BikeMagic forum) is he??

Only if he starts on about the anti gravity hill 😉

kimbers

mrmonkfinger – Member
    the USA have empited the Federal reserves & there is no longer any gold at Fort Knox
    Probably true.

UK doesn’t have any gold reserves (courtesy of Gordon Brown who decided to sell it all, at the lowest price possible in recent years, which serves to highlight his financial acuity).

siiiggghhhhh — sounds like someone is guillable enough to buy into right wing media conspiracies
    about half of the gold was sold off (the dutch and swiss also sold off similare amounts) and reinvested in currencey at the time of the anouncement gold price was low and falling but then beagn to rise again it wasnt till 2012 that it peaked and is now falling again

Nobby

This then rolls onto a storey that the USA have empited the Federal reserves & there is no longer any gold at Fort Knox or the Pentagon because they have spent $10Trillion on building an underground city for the privilaged few for when dooms day comes…

Perhaps they used the money to build a Death Star? It would explain:

So apparently there is a planet visable at the moment to the South East / South, anyone know what it is?

timc
    Free Member

MrOvershoot – Member
    Only if he starts on about the anti gravity hill

That the place in Ireland? If so I have been 😆

LHS
    Free Member

Not exactly a conspiracy the gold sales

The gold was sold between 99 and 02 at an average of $275 an ounce
    In 2007 it was close to $700 an ounce and by 2009 it was over $1000 an ounce.

No conspiracy, just a big ****-up.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Not a colleague, but my housemate’s boyfriend is convinced that
    ‘The Jews’ were behind the Islamist mass murder at that Nairobi
    shopping centre.

Nobby

That the place in Ireland? If so I have been

Nope, the Wyre Forest. Oh, and somewhere on the Chase, another in the Peaks and a few random possibilities elsewhere in the Midlands.

konagirl
    Free Member

Regarding the planets, Jupiter might be visible at the moment but it’s at a low angle. It follows the moon-rise, rising in the E-SE around 9pm and appearing to the south by about midnight.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You work with Kaesae?

maccruiskeen

The gold was sold between 99 and 02 at an average of $275 an ounce
    In 2007 it was close to $700 an ounce and by 2009 it was over $1000 an ounce.

Clearly the gold wasn’t sold to fund building a time machine

IdleJon

konagirl – Member

Regarding the planets, Jupiter might be visible at the moment but it’s at a low angle. It follows the moon-rise, rising in the E-SE around 9pm and appearing to the south by about midnight.

Not quite. Jupiter will rise at around midnight in the NE and move towards the S then SW through the night. It’s a very obvious object in the sky and is quite high in the sky in the early hours. It looks stunning through a telescope. It’s followed quite closely by Mars which is pretty difficult to identify if you don’t know what to look for but again is obvious in a scope. Venus is very bright but very close to the sun at sunset and sets shortly after. A few weeks ago it looked very bright in the SW sunset. Uranus is also visible through a scope – I found it a few weeks ago and I believe Neptune is out there but I can’t find the bleeding thing!

So yes there are plenty of planets out there and visible.

In answer to the original OP – the obvious reply is that any of the numerous amateur astronomers like myself may have noticed a new planet and maybe talking about it on the relevant forums. It would take a monumental amount of censorship to cover it up. And seeing as we can spot the Galilean moons of Jupiter, I’m sure that someone would have noticed Planet X or whatever Loony is on about.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Nobby – Member

That the place in Ireland? If so I have been

Nope, the Wyre Forest. Oh, and somewhere on the Chase, another in the Peaks and a few random possibilities elsewhere in the Midlands.

😀 😀 😀
    *listens for ice bullets being fired*

nick1962
    Free Member

Working with complete Loony

Good job this isn’t the Asda thread…..

timc
    Free Member

Update: was in his office approximately 4pm & he was listening to Alex Jones of Info Wars fame, online stream.

‘He’s a nutter this guy you know’ I said

‘I’d be nuts if i knew what he knows’ was his reply

GOLD 8)

martinhutch

This is what you need to freak him out in illuminati-stylee…

Lizard eyes

pingu66
    Free Member

“of course you know all such internet conspiracy theories are developed and circulated by a secret underground pan governmental organisation to keep the prying minds of keyboard detectives away from the real truth”

I’m having that.

CountZero

oemc – Member
    My favourite response is “of course you know all such internet conspiracy theories are developed and circulated by a secret underground pan governmental organisation to keep the prying minds of keyboard detectives away from the real truth”

I’m having that as well!

Not a colleague, but my housemate’s boyfriend is convinced that
    ‘The Jews’ were behind the Islamist mass murder at that Nairobi
    shopping centre.

Well, it’s Israeli owned, so if you want to stretch a connection to breaking point…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Dylan turvey was my original thought too 😀

I do sometimes wonder if his stem spaces under the crown race was utter madness or an unbelievable insight into the future of MTB geometry…

nealglover
    Free Member

Update: was in his office approximately 4pm & he was listening to Alex Jones

Not a huge shock.

hels
    Free Member

Assad is saying that the rebels gassed their own people to make him look bad, so perhaps the Israelis bombed their own shopping centre to elicit sympathy ?

I sympathise, I was getting on well with a colleague at work until we got on to religions, and he trotted out in all seriousness that the world is ruled from behind the scenes by a conspiracy of wealthy Zionists. Not joking at all, he thought this was a true fact. Sigh.

compositepro
    Free Member

2) That anti gravity technology was perfected years ago but (similary) was all covered up so the public could continue being charged for flights. According to him back to the future hover boards are a reality.

Tomas townsend brown probably did actually demonstrate a proof of concept in 1952 to the navy

im pretty sure lockheed disclosed they have an aircraft which intentionally discharge many million volts from their leading edges

compositepro
    Free Member

Tomas townsend brown probably did actually demonstrate a proof of concept in 1952 to the navy i believe it was called electrogravitics

im pretty sure lockheed disclosed they have an aircraft which intentionally discharge many million volts from their leading edges

northernmatt

Used have a chap come into to work who was a bit mental. He was convinced that oblivion was so close that he stocked up on tinned goods and put them all in his basement. He also used to come in whinging about chemtrails as well, I tried explaining the science behind that one once but got nowhere.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Working with complete Loony & Conspiracy Theory madness…’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts