Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Working Hours Poll
  • chewkw
    Free Member

4×10 but I bet everyone has already done so …

RDL-82
    Free Member

Neither, I’ll stick with my 35hrs thanks.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i like my 1/2 hr every two weeks–

spongebob– you seem to do the work of three people , good on you , reckon if you tried harder you could do four, thing how proud you would feel– big shiny headstone on your grave would proclaim your endeavor

simmy
    Free Member

Full day off would be nice 8)

Actually, I’ve got one on the 12th & 17th of this month so not too bad.

Working Self Employed, at least I’m doing it for me and not making anyone else rich ( apart from the petrol stations 😯 ) so I don’t mind one bit . I also like the freedom of just being able to book a Day off when I want but I have to give myself 3 weeks notice to get everyone in.

Regular hours would bore me and I can have half a day off during the week and have the trails all to myself

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I worked a 4 day week for 12 years … 37hrs a week and reasonably well paid for manual work 🙂 …. till redundancy struck 🙁
    Now work 36.5 hrs over 5 days and the monies shocking with even more travelling 🙁

takisawa2

37 officially, but over 40 in reality. I’m the manager though, & as long as my chaps don’t take the mick I’m fairly flexible with them, as I am myself.

jamj1974

Used to work four long days – it was great!

wallop

Hahahahahahahahaha Spongebob, what a hero! Doing all that work for free!

popstar
    Free Member

Man, I don’t take communist bull shait propaganda about hitting targets and be a part of an amazing team. Been there, done that. Only very few companies can motivate and build such an environment.
    Most others just try to pretend to brain wash and ask for free extra time from their slaves. Many have been told to be gratefull to have a job at all.
    British culture approach to extra long hours for masters approval knod is pure communistic evil. But I do like American approach of rewarding, much better. Work hard, play hard.
    Yeah, you sense that I am milking connoisseur 🙂

jamj1974

I think you will all find that Spongebob left this bit out…!

“Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o’clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.”

hairyscary

I do a nine day fortnight, getting every other Friday off, for an averaged 37 hour week. I really would not like to go back to a five day week.

Back to the OP, I would prefer to work the 4 x 10 option.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Me I do about 146 days a year shifts with anything from a 5 hour shift to a 10 hour shift. Averaging out at 35 hours a week.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Me I do about 146 days a year shifts with anything from a 5 hour shift to a 10 hour shift. Averaging out at 35 hours a week.

Sounds like the railway to me, it’s a mirror of me anyway!

MSP

4 x 10 days would mean those days effectively becoming nothing but work days. I could see the evening rides, the morning swims and just meeting friends at the cafe after work watching the girls go by, just not happening if I was working 10 hour days.
    And I don’t think I could fit everything in to the extra day off, some things need to be spread out across the week.
    If I could stay on the same money for a 4 x 8 week though, that would work for me, I think I might pitch the idea to my boss tomorrow.

MoreCashThanDash

We did this the other week with some guy asking about compressed hours.

4×10 is OK if you aren’t knackered on the extra day “off”, which has happened to me and friends.

9 day fortnight is nice.

MrsMCTD and me have both said that if we’d not been able to have kids we’d only do a 4 day week and have more time to enjoy life.

m0rk
    Free Member

Used to do 4×9.25 fixed hours, then moved to 4.5 day week on flexi

I’m salary paid, so it makes no odds pay wise, but I do a lot more hours on 4.5 than I did before! 37 plays 47 normally!

The long weekends every week were nice, but the productivity of everyone being there for more days has increased, so that’s no bad thing

Not worked a ‘full’ five day working week contractually since 2001 – I think I’d really struggle if I had to move to that again

stratobiker
    Free Member

I used to work 5 * 12 with 2 * 8 on the weekend.
    I did this for quite a while.

Now I don’t work….except when I feel like it. Plus, I have no debt.

You pays your money you takes your choice, inversely.

SB

somafunk

Some weeks i work 24 hrs, some weeks i work 32hrs, some weeks i work 16hrs, Once i’ve earned enough to cover bills etc i go and do stuff i enjoy doing, if i want cash to buy stuff or goodies then i work more hours.

TheBrick
    Free Member

4×10 any day.

timber

In a previous job, 3 day weeks on 15 hour days, could mostly pick my days. With the same company I had been on 6 days and 100+ hours a week, but only worked for 4 months of the year.

goldfish24

4×10 any day

I thought 2×10 was the future.

Wait… What forum is this?

aP
    Free Member

I do 5×10 and the cycle is just under 3 hours a day. Herself does about an hour a day extra but has only a 2 hour cycle.
    Our work life balance is a bit screwed currently, it’s a bit grim at times.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I work 4 x 7 (10am-5pm).. wouldn’t want to work more hours!

piemonster

@cloudnine. I want your job.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Pfft 4×10 thats barely a working week. Try 3 – 9 weeks at 7×12-14…

(Really don’t its quite tiring)

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Working Hours Poll’ is closed to new replies.