Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Working for Deliveroo?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Well my job has just disinterested overnight (black cab driver but only do weekend nights).

Need something else until pubs and restaurants are allowed to reopen. Was thinking of getting a scooter and working for Deliveroo as food delivery is about to go through the roof.

Anyone have any experience working for them? What sort of earnings could I expect?

flange
    Free Member

I can’t find it at the moment but there’s a long thread on lfgss about it. Think the conclusion was that it’s not a lot of money for a huge amount of effort

andy5390

You might be better off, looking around the local take-aways that aren’t tied to a delivery service/app

MoreCashThanDash

Most of the supermarket chains are looking for staff, shelf stacking seems infinitely better than buying a scooter to do Deliveroo

tjagain

You need as shit bicycle with no lights and you need to have no road awareness from what I have seen

I very much doubt it would be worth getting a scooter for.

bigblackshed

Most of the restaurants and takeaways that make up the bulk of Deliveroo around here have closed for the foreseeable. Tried to order takeaways last night for The Wife’s Birthday and no one was open.

Shelf stacking might be the viable option.

scruff9252

A surplus of idle taxis just now and a shortage of supermarket delivery slots. I would of imagined the taxi/private hire fleet would be roped into delivering for them.

I know they wouldn’t be refrigerated, but their runs could be shorter than the Van’s due to load capacity plus it’s an emergency measure

kerley
    Free Member

Most of the supermarket chains are looking for staff

Yep, and healthcare workers will be in demand too.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I looked into it, they publish the wage structure and average earnings and it varies by area but was generally £10-12 an hour which didnt seem too bad. But that was based on quite short and/or anti social shifts. So to make the upper end of that you would be doing lunchtime, nothing all afternoon then working all evening.

I wouldn’t bank on it being in demand though, speeking to my local kebab purveyor he’s thinking of shutting up as business has disappeared. People in generally just arent spending money on treats.

Maybe that might change as time goes on and things become more stable (but still isolated).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Working for Deliveroo?’ is closed to new replies.