Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Work time off conundrum…
  • PrinceJohn

Just want to know that I’m doing the right thing…

I’ve applied for another job and been given an interview date of next Thursday. I’ve put in a request for the day off and my boss isn’t too keen on giving me the day off as we’re super busy next week. When he asked what I needed it for I lied and said I was taking my mum to hospital… He asked if I can make other arrangements.

I’ve been told I can’t have the day off but can have the time off for the appointment as time in lieu.
    The interview is about an hour or so away from work and is scheduled to finish at 12:15… At the moment I’m planning to just take off the time required.

I think I just would like some reassurance! Ta.

scuttler

Would’ve been better just to have ‘eaten something funny’ to qualify for the whole day no questions, but too late for that now.

Time in lieu’s fine. Put in some of the extra time up front to show good will and be sure to let the interviewers know ahead of time you’re working to a tight schedule (it also demonstrates commitment and planning). Not worth going into work Thursday morning even if time permits – keep your head clear.

johndoh
    Free Member

I hope your mum is okay – take care – we’re all thinking of you both x

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sounds like an ideal plan, just don’t publish the details on a public internet forum. Oh hold on… 🙂

wwaswas

Sounds like an ideal plan, just don’t publish the details on a public internet forum

It’s alright the Sheriff of Nottingham doesn’t use stw.

Kryton57

I hope your mum is okay

She says she’s fine thanks!

Seriously, why would you bring bad karma by using the fake demise of a relative as an excuse for your insecurity? It feel like walking a thin moral line to me…

Gary_M
    Free Member

the fake demise of a relative

?? he said he was taking his mum to hospital, not going to her funeral.

Interesting that you consider the theory of ‘bringing bad karma’ and accuse someone of insecurity in the same sentence 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Seriously, why would you bring bad karma

stevextc
    Free Member

You “lied” because you believe your employer will penalise you if you say why… of course your employer would probably lie and deny it…

I don’t see a moral dilemma

It’s quite a good excuse really as if you are delayed then your mother’s appointment was late etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Work time off conundrum…’ is closed to new replies.