Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Work Stand from Decathlon
  • alexpalacefan

Anybody used one of those £50 workstands from Decathlon. I’m tired of proping the fecker against the wall, but a bit wary of spending big bucks on a more expensice stand.

Any thoughts?

A

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I got one a few years back. Mine is the type that bolts together and has been fine for what i use it for which includes working on my bikes and holding the MTB when im not using it as it liberates more room in the shed.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve got one too, does the job well. I’ve built many bikes with it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

OK, off to Decathlon I go 😮 )

Expect many, “Oh my god I’ve killed my bike” posts to follow ;o)

Thanks

A

swisstony
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a couple of years but recently the clamp has broken which i’m a bit dissapointed with and will be taking it back, still good value though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

buy the park one: it’ll last you for ever. I bought a cheap one and now i want a good one!

thepodge
    Free Member

i got a cheap one that holds it at the BB and i’m not happy with it, its fiddly and always trying to fall over

MrTall
    Free Member

I bought a Decathlon one which was pretty good until the base of the pole sheared off leaving it unable to stand in the base.

Then i bought a Minoura one which has been faultless.

Buy cheap, buy twice………. (like i did!!!)

Opt for an extra £30 or so outlay and you’ll not regret it.

alexpalacefan

Oops, it’s a done deal now. Seem ok for the work I’ve done this morning. Not sure how long I can get away with leaving it standing in the kitchen though…

A

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Work Stand from Decathlon’ is closed to new replies.