Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Work dilemma…….
  • RustySpanner

Hiya.

A job has become available at work. Slightly better pay and a more senior position.

I’ve been invited to an interview despite not applying.

However, I’ve already pretty much decided that my future lies elsewhere and am looking at various degree courses which start later in the year or early next year

The new position may possibly help in future applications.

Despite showing initial interest and receiving very positive feedback, I didn’t apply for the post, due to the fact I’m thinking of leaving, changes in management and a lack of faith in new owners. Plus feeling a bit shit.

I’ve told my colleagues I’ve not applied, which complicates things somewhat.

Having a change of heart. I really should just go for it, shouldn’t I?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yep.

Do what’s best for you. Your employer doesn’t give a shit about you.

Use the extra money to buy a power kite

binners

Imagine the satisfaction of telling them to **** off once they offer you it, as you’re off to study PPE at Oxford 😀

Course you should go for it you daft sod! When you look like Brian Blessed job offers will be thin on the ground 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

Definitely go for it, especially if you are thinking of leaving. It’ll either be better than you expect and you’ll have a better job or you’ll be in a stronger negotiating position when getting a new job. Not much to lose.

hols2
    Free Member

This is not a dilemma. A dilemma is when you are faced with two choices that are equally attractive/unattractive. In this case, you have one attractive choice and one unattractive choice. Easy choice, you already know the answer.

karn
    Free Member

Do it. even if it’s only for a couple of months.

If plan B comes up – great chuck it in move on having made a bit more money and gained a bit more experience.

if Plan B doesn’t come up – you’re in a better job. WIN-WIN !!

Harry_the_Spider

Do it.

DickBarton

Go for it, the experience (if you get it) will help later on, the extra money will help setting up your nest egg for studies OR you might end up really enjoying it and deciding to put off any plans to move away from the job until much later.

karn
    Free Member

A thread where everyone is in agreement.

is this a STW first ?

RustySpanner

Thank you folks.

The Blessed lookalike business is always a bit slow after Panto season.

Much appreciated.

MrSparkle

OH NO IT ISN’T!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Work dilemma…….’ is closed to new replies.