Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • WordPress forms editing?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Asking on here because this is the font of all knowledge!

The order forms on my site are simple HTML forms that then fire off to the online order system (not a WordPress plugin), but it’s a pain to edit the forms in WordPress. I can edit the code of course, but that’s very time-consuming. Or I can transfer the code to Dreamweaver, edit it there, and transfer it back, but that is also a pain and sometimes messes up the formatting.

What I really want is to have buttons in the WordPress editor for adding form elements, just like there are for links, images etc. Does a plugin to do that exist? There are thousands of plugins to create contact forms etc, but I can’t find anything for simple HTML form editing.

Thanks 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

No idea if it helps you, but Gravity Forms is the goto plugin for WP forms.

smokey_jo

Contact Forms 7 is also good for WP

bencooper
    Free Member

Cheers, yes, I’ve looked at both of those but they seem to store the responses in WP – I need something much simpler, just a form that sends the form data to my online order system using POST.

johndoh
    Free Member

I am not technical but I know our team uses Gravity Forms all the time and although you are correct in stating that they store the data in WP, it can also send it on elsewhere too. We use the WP storage feature simply as a backup.

bencooper
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll have more of a poke about with Gravity Forms.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WordPress forms editing?’ is closed to new replies.