Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,167 total)
  • Wordle
  • sobriety
    Free Member

I use Stare as that’s 5 of the 8 most commonly used letters, then go from there.

thols2

Wordle 210 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

hels
    Free Member

Nil points for red thunder – you need a word with five letters, and it needs to be in the dictionary.

thols2

redthunder
    Free Member
    WGAF

YLFAF?

jam-bo

@thols2 are you in a different time zone as you seem to get the next word before we do in the uk.

thols2

@thols2 are you in a different time zone as you seem to get the next word before we do in the uk.

I run all my communications through The Onion Router. My internet life has no timezone.

richardkennerley

@sobriety thanks for that simple explanation, makes perfect sense now. I somehow managed to read the provided explanation on absurdle without understanding or taking any of it in whatsoever!

shermer75
    Free Member

Wordle 209 6/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
    🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I found this one really hard!

shermer75
    Free Member

WGAF

One letter short

simondbarnes

Tried Absurdle twice, got in in 6 both times. In 22 attempts at Wordle I’ve got it in…

1 never
    2 4 times
    3 9 times
    4 4 times
    5 3 times
    6 2 times

thols2

Tried Absurdle twice, got in in 6 both times.

Thing with Absudle is that, if you just enter the same word at each stage, you’ll end up with the same final word. I’ve managed it in five words twice (using different starting words). My guess is that it’s probably not possible to solve in less than four, but if you find the optimum sequence of words, you’ll be able to solve it in the minimum every time. I think it would be more interesting if it started you with a randomly selected word for the first word.

jimmy

Wordle 210 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛

🟩⬛🟨🟩🟨

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not sure I’m learning a strategy day on day

reluctantjumper

I’m learning to make words with the letters I haven’t used for the first 3 guessed to get the letters as fast as possible. Mostly get it on the 4th try unless it’s pretty obvious early on. Definitely wakes the old grey matter up every morning, maybe I’d do better if I did them later in the day but I don’t care!

nickjb
    Free Member

I can’t really see the merit of leaving out the letter you got right in the first go.

sadexpunk

whoop whoop, got it in two!! thatll never happen again.

Wordle 210 2/6

⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler:
    i know i said im going to start with STARE every time but thought id live life on the edge and choose a different word that still had 2 vowels and 3 consonants. go me!
    Chose BINGE for some reason, no idea why that came into my head.

so…..N in the right place, I in the wrong place, hardly earth shattering. decided that the ‘I’ would almost certainly have to come after N now, so __NI_
    PANIC was the first word that came to me after looking at possible endings.

the sight of 5 greens coming up on the second go was better than an orgasm at this time of the morning!!

jimdubleyou

Wordle 210 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
    🟨⬜🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m ok with that 🙂

Spoiler:
    I always start with AUDIO to get a lot of vowels in. Next word depends on what hits I get.
    Went with CHAIN next as I didn’t think there would be an E to find. From IC, PANIC was most obvious
    spooky_b329

How do I share my result, I can only find a share button that screenshots my ongoing score over the top. (I’m using web browser, are you all using an App?)

sadexpunk

when i click share on that results page it says ‘copied to clipboard’.

i then just paste it straight here.

i can see why youd think that its only copying the score tho, but it does actually copy the game.

Cougar

Wordle 210 4/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛
    🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

How do I share my result

This threw me also. You get a ‘share’ button when you complete it, it’s not present until then.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Happy here also 🙂

blokeuptheroad

Wordle 210 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’m not getting much better at this. Maybe I need to think about some kind of strategy instead of wordy randomness! Still, it’s only day 3 for me. I’ll get better. Won’t I?

edhornby

Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, share copy text it is (ignore screenshot options)

Wordle 210 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

onewheelgood

Wordle 210 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜

⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜

🟨🟩⬜🟩🟨

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

If you’ve got 2 greens and there are a number of words you can make with the remaining letters, I’m not sure there’s any strategy that would help you choose one over another. At that point it’s just luck, Shirley?

kerley
    Free Member

If you’ve got 2 greens and there are a number of words you can make with the remaining letters, I’m not sure there’s any strategy that would help you choose one over another. At that point it’s just luck, Shirley?

Yep the whole game is complete luck, today there were pretty much only two words I could choose by the 4th go and I chose the wrong one.

Saying that you need to be able to think of the possible words so it should really be a timed game to give it an element of competition.

Houns

Wordle 210 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
    🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I’ll take that 🙂

jam-bo

Wordle 210 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

started it at 7 while I was waiting for it get light enough to surf. Was too early. Just finished it.

40mpg

Wordle 210 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
    🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My first go after seeing this thread. I think I could like this!

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I’m in.

Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

jimdubleyou

Wordle 211 5/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
    ⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
    🟨🟩⬛🟩🟨
    ⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

reluctantjumper

Nearly cocked up today’s one by thinking ‘Nah, can’t be the obvious one’ when I could think of three choices with one guess left. Thankfully changed my mind at the last second! Trying to overthink things I, erm, think.

thols2

Wordle 211 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
    ⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Houns

Wordle 211 3/6

⬛⬛🟩🟩🟨
    🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

oldtennisshoes

Wordle 211 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
    🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

jam-bo

Guessed wrong:

Wordle 211 4/6

🟩⬛🟨🟨⬛
    🟩🟨⬛🟨🟩
    🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

blokeuptheroad

I’m not getting much better at this. Maybe I need to think about some kind of strategy instead of wordy randomness! Still, it’s only day 3 for me. I’ll get better. Won’t I?

That’s better! Taken me 5 goes every day, then this.

Wordle 211 3/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
    🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got lucky today. First guess, two green and two yellow. Got it in the next guess.

How are people posting those patterns?

sadexpunk

Wordle 211 3/6

⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler:
    carrying on my new strategy of choosing any random word with 3 reasonably popular consonants and 2 vowels and hoping for the best, i chose TALON to start.

TALON
    MOLAR
    SOLAR

looking at it i think i may still have had the same success with STARE, who knows.

EDIT:

How are people posting those patterns?

when youve completed it and the little box comes up showing your results, hit ‘share’. it copies to clipboard then post straight in here.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wordle 211 2/6

🟩🟩🟨🟨⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ah, thanks for that. Easier to post than it looked.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 3,167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.