Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • WOOP WOOP!!!!!!
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just been granted my sponsored VISA to OZ! Taken months to sort out and just in time. We fly out on the 20th!

YAY!!!!!! (OK, I’m a bit happy…Is it wrong to drink a nice whiskey at 11am?)

chvck
    Free Member

Good news! 😀 and no it is not wrong to drink a nice whiskey at 11am

zaskar
    Free Member

Hope it goes well and hope to copy you soon.

:mrgreen:

crispybacon
    Free Member

Where abouts in OZ are you heading to & what job have you got lined up?

Congrats btw

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Going to Perth (well, Fremantle). Qualified as a mental health nurse in March and have a job at Freo hospital for a year. No plans to stay, just a nice long trip and a bit of work. And some nice cycling too. Should get some sightseeing done too – have 2 weeks to settle before I start work, and I get 8 weeks off AL as well!

Here’s the hospital. Not far from harbour. Bike shop across the road from work too! Love it when a plan comes together.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110510862438275562832.000461f771a72a4b64535&ll=-32.059591,115.751567&spn=0.013203,0.020385&t=h&z=16

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice work – you been there before? either way, i forecast that little creatures will soon be playing a big part in your life!

crispybacon
    Free Member

nice one aphex_2K my mate emigrated to Perth in 2002 & has never looked back. I have a feeling that your ‘no plans to stay’ could end up as ‘no plans to return home’.

Have a great time out there you jammywossaname – me jealous? surely NOT!!! 🙁 👿

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Nah never been there before, but my best mate moved there about three years ago, as did my wife’s best mate from uni. Now they’re friends and live near, and we can slot into a nice mixed ex-pat and Ozzie community.

Not arsed about the little creatures. I’ve never been stung by a bee or wasp in this country, I’m sure I can avoid snakes, spiders and jellyfish.

The “no plans to come home” bit… Well, never say never, but at the moment we have no kids, and we want them. Neither of us would be comfortable with leaving both sets of parents in the UK and having kids out there. Having said that, I will see how the year goes and think about applying for permy residency so that we can leave the door open of we want to move back in a few years time.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Not arsed about the little creatures. I’ve never been stung by a bee or wasp in this country, I’m sure I can avoid snakes, spiders and jellyfish.

not actual little creatures, click the link! 😆

aphex_2k
    Free Member

ah.. “little creatures” I should have clicked the link.

peachos
    Free Member

ah Little Creatures IPA 😀

I found WA (and australia in general) was great for it’s variety of microbreweries. must be something to do with perth being one of the most isolated cities in the world.

look out for brews from Matilda Bay brewing co. Redback, Bohemian Pilsner and Dogbolter. yummy!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ohh that place is just up the road from where I’m working. Crackin!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WOOP WOOP!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.