Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • wooooh, in your face Ads on the forum!
  • franksinatra

When did this start? Just had a One Question Survey swing in in front of my face. I know adverts over there>> are annoying but sticking a questionnaire about Mecca Bingo right over the thread I am reading is a new one on me.

Time to log in, at least as a P user I should be able to get rid of it.

McHamish
    Free Member

yes, just got a ‘pop-under’ ad that looked like a survey with radio buttons…it’s a banner pretending to be a survey.

Possibly as a result of the changes implemented to get rid of the Apple store issue.

Cougar

I’ve just reported this for you.

Mark

****.. Arse!

franksinatra

Other than that though, the Forum is working beautifully so don’t feel bad!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hamsters are clearly making use of the drug surplus since cycling cleaned up, not crashed in ages.

On the other hand the adds are so animated than even my laptop struggled sometimes! Now running the firefox add in which cannot be named despite being a ‘P’.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

****.. Arse!

I imagine running a website is like herding cats.

GrahamS

Now running the firefox add in which cannot be named despite being a ‘P’.

You really don’t need that add-on if you are a

Just go to http://singletrackworld.com/premier/account/ and hit the big button to turn off adverts.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

****.. Arse!

There are rules about that sort of thing, you know.

😉

As a more constructive comment, I’ve not seen any of these fabled pop up annoyances on here, just the usual ads.

miketually
    Free Member

There are rules about that sort of thing, you know.

The rules are about evading the swear filter, not swearing and allowing the filter to clean it up 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, well that’s just ********** ***** and ***** ***** then! 😉

(Awaits the whooshing approach of the banhammer!)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just go to http://singletrackworld.com/premier/account/ and hit the big button to turn off adverts.

Already have, but there was one series of adds which really seemed to **** with my computer making it run really slowly (latest firefox, windows 7), fans whirring, CPU at 90something%, and actual work software crawling allong, and rather than having to remember to log in to just browse I finaly caved and added the add on.

GrahamS

Odd. Having pressed that button I see NO ads at all – and I don’t have any unmentionable software installed.

miketually
    Free Member

I see NO ads at all – and I don’t have any unmentionable software installed.

That’s what I see too, but I’d assumed it was for an unmentionable reason.

Edit: I’ve just whitelisted this domain and still see a page like above.

footflaps

unmentionable reason

I’m not sure you are even permitted to unmention the unmentionable on STW….

miketually
    Free Member

I changed my premier setting to allow ads. I changed it back again.

It would be nice if there were a middle option for subscribers, rather than all of nothing, of having static Google text adverts.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

STW is now serving up auto play audio ads. From the advertisement location but not loading an image into that slot.

IE 9.0.. work computer

franksinatra

They are back. Before logging it I was hit with a pop up ad in the middle of the screen asking me how likely I am to buy Citroen for my next car.

Cougar

Please report any issues on the main thread then we’ve got all the information in one place. See also my suggestions on page 6.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘wooooh, in your face Ads on the forum!’ is closed to new replies.