Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Woodburning Stove installation costs…
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Evening guys,

Very highly rated local company on trustpilot, how does this quote look?

Supply and fit 10 meters of 6″ 316 grade twin wall liner chimney pot and anti down draft cowl £925

To remove and cap off existing gas fire and open up chimney to form a inglenook, patch plaster, fit a pre made hearth and install the stove £345

Supply and fit smooth fire board to the inside of the inglenook £155

Supply and fit co alarm £45

Hearth laid in situ approx,£125

£1595

then i’d need the stove on top which would be around £500, so circa £2095

jam-bo

Sounds about right ball park. Mine was £2k but stove was £700 although I did all the work needed to an existing open fireplace

footflaps

Our quote was:

9m length of 155mm 316 S/Steel Flue Liner. (Inc: All clamps, stovepipe, insulation material & adaptors required.)

£780.00

Fabricate steel register plate on site

£72.00

Cut and polished black slate BACK hearth

£110.00

Cut and polished black slate FRONT hearth

£110.00

Rain cap and rain guard

£67.00

Carbon Monoxide sensor and stovepipe thermometer

£60.00

Installation and commissioning of the above to include carbon monoxide sensor and Hetas compliance certificate

£385.00

Remove existing fireplace surround. Associated building work to adjust opening size of fire chamber. Hard rendered finish and decorated or brickwork re-pointed. Plaster to make good. Lintel and all materials incl.

£410.00

Plus VAT

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Sounds like a bargain, ask what the smooth fireboard is, if it’s Glasroc they are cowboys.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Sounds about right. I’d probably spend a bit more on the stove unless you have a particular model/bargain in mind.

Just had one installed in my front room and it was just over £2k but the stove was £850 and I knocked out the fire place/chimney breast myself and bought (not installed) the stone hearth myself.

ski
    Free Member

HETAS registered?

I would rather pay a little more and have a safe install, after what we went through first time!

First cowboy builder charged me £1500, cost me another £2000 to have the fire installed correctly 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

1100 quid including 4.5kw stove, all liners, bends, flue bits, register plate, cowling for cash with no **** scaffold.
    It’s not what you know but who.
    Oh and fully Hetas certified.
    Wasn’t worth me going on the roof for that!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Thanks guys, so the price seems pretty good then 🙂

Tiger clean burn is my fav so far

http://www.tigerstoves.co.uk/tigerplus.html#

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@ski yes Hetas registered, i’ve read some right horror stories, quite a few on here! I think from a post in 2012 one was going on for over 8 weeks, fitter kept forgetting the tools, asked to borrow the customers 😯

@wrightyson bargain!

@jam bo thanks

@footflaps very useful breakdown that cheers

@mranger what stove did you get?

MRanger156
    Free Member

I got a Morso Badger:

cozz
    Free Member

nice stoves those tiger plus

we bought one few years back

sold it after 4 years use for £150

now got a dunsley stove, must admit its much better, but twice the cost

Stoner
    Free Member

twinw4ll – you rarely come in these threads with anything positive to say do you, you grumpy bugger? nearly as bad as Wrightyson and his tales from the concrete! 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Woooaaahhh there stoner the winky face does not excuse blatant fight picking! I come with all manner of constructive advice 😥

Stoner
    Free Member

I dont mean in this thread you splattered-wellie numpty.

Ive seen you two in action and it’s worrying.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Two?
    Concrete is merely the tip of my expertise. Today I have managed to drive the tele handler, move the 360, fit 3 running outlets and 3 gutter brackets plus look after a site of 10 whole men. Skillz I tell you 8)

curvature
    Free Member

Hobbit stove including register plate, flue liner and fitting HETAS registered etc for just under £1100

Stoner
    Free Member

Hobbit stove

Hah! They named a stove after a Harry Potter film. Whatever next.

Stoner
    Free Member

move the 360

My little boy can “move” a 360.

The insurers take a v dim view of it mind…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I smell testosterone. 🙂

thesurfbus
    Free Member

cruzcampo I have that Tiger Stove and I find it impossible to control the burn rate, the control on the front does next to nothing.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Getting a Burley Hollywell installed in less than 2 weeks, its sat in the windows bay at the moment.

Gas fire removed and capped off
    Fireplace is being knocked out, plastering done to tidy this up.
    Flue lined
    Slate hearth fitted
    Register plate fitted
    All in cost is about 2250 for the stove and above work by Hetas registered fitters.

jimjam
    Free Member

cruzcampo – Member

Evening guys,

Very highly rated local company on trustpilot, how does this quote look?

Supply and fit 10 meters of 6″ 316 grade twin wall liner chimney pot and anti down draft cowl £925

There may be some discrepancy between building regs here in NI and other places but when I qas getting quotes for our installation a local stove supplier informed me in no uncertain terms it was illegal not to have flue liner. After some digging around on the internet I was none the wiser, it seemed a grey area. As it turned out a friend of my dad worked in building control and told me the facts.

It’s recommended of course, but not necessary if your chimney is in good condition and your install is done correctly. I’m sure someone will be along to correct me, and explain the killerific perils of what will happen if you don’t get your flu lined but I’ve been happily not dead for a year now.

cozz
    Free Member

mine was installed by heats engineer

no need for liner, smoke tested the chimney to be sure, if had had a coal fire in the past, cowl put on top of chimney, register plate custom made and installed, external soot door installed into chimney breast

stove fitted to specs, certificate issued,

£600 including cowl, soot door, plate, and .5 metre of flue

can’t believe some of you think £2000 is a good price

either you live down south, or were born with your trousers down 😆

Jakester
    Free Member

Pfft, we got proper rinsed. Wanted a Mendip, after lots of teeth sucking and head shaking from the supplier, missus opted for a Clearview instead at £1200…

Opted for the upgraded liner too.

During the works they realised they had to board the fireplace so once it was all done we were closer to £4k than 3… 😥

Still, it burns bits of wood, which is what it’s all about, eh? *sobs quietly into a corner*

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Have just had one fitted by a HETAS engineer, sorted out the hearth and chimney breast myself, £720 all in including the stove and flexi liner. 8)

trail_rat
    Free Member

installation a local stove supplier informed me in no uncertain terms it was illegal not to have flue liner

this is probably true – but not all liners are metallic retro fit SHORT TERM liners.

undamaged well treated clay liners is just as good – if sized appropriately.

sticking a 6 inch pipe into a 12 inch clay liner is asking for a big issues as the gas speed /temperature changes lead to condensate.

The whole “illigal” thing strikes me as trying to drum up business from scare tactics and if they tried that round mine they would get chased out the door.

curvature
    Free Member

http://salamanderstoves.com Link to the Hobbit stove, named because of its small size.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fyi anyone that cares,

Looking for a slate hearth – get down your local reclaimation yard.

Safe dem dundees yard knocking out 1/3rd of a snooker table base 1 inch thick caithness black slate suitable for a hearth finisher if you habe a constructional hearth under for 75 quid a piece.

Got it cut and polished for 35 quid , lad at the stone cutters said it was lovely to work with unlike alot of the cheaper slate hearths he gets asked to cut.

Looks awesome in my mates house.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Woodburning Stove installation costs…’ is closed to new replies.