Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • wood types – sheds
  • scotia
    Free Member

i was thinking at least the outside as we may need to take it to the boundary – allowed here.. i’d finish inside after..

AlexSimon

Not an insurmountable problem I wouldn’t think, but it’ll need careful consideration. No experience personally, but they move whole houses in the US/Aus/NZ.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Build it like a flat pack kit, floor, walls and roof all separate panels and bolt together at the joints and corners.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tymbian
    Free Member

As above. Build it in panels and move into place.

bamboo
    Free Member

Bookmarked

scotia
    Free Member

ok well i’ll see. i still need to get the official permission from la commune & the neighbours ok with it… then finish the design.. so i’ll be here a while.

meanwhile im researching doors, roof and ventilation…

scotia
    Free Member

Shed is back on – i’ve gone through about 4 designs as the location changes all the time. We’ve now fixed on a site that doesnt annoy the neighbours..

I have been looking at various threads and on the web for advice on how to build… its a nightmare to try and pick through the does & donts..

Does anyone have a list of things to do, im thinking especially doors/door jambs, windows, roof, overhang or not, how to finish between walls and roof.. AlexSimon? Mcmoonter? Tymbian?

where does one get this info?! The terminoligy for the parts is sth im missing too!

AS – did you manage to get a list together as you talked about in your thread?

i have a shape that may well be a nightmare but i cant do anything about it. I have my reliable festool tracksaw and router though so should be ok.

scotia
    Free Member

bump for info please!

got wood supplier, epdm supplier and everything i’ll need but just pondering some issues on the build… waterproofing the no.1!

mudhead84
    Free Member

What are you worried about? Recently built my second shed. Some pics included if they work. https://i.imgur.com/DKZ3JGj.jpg https://i.imgur.com/RTKy0W8.jpg https://i.imgur.com/BPCwb0Y.jpg

scotia
    Free Member

MH: well im just new to this so am trying to figure out how to finish once rafters/board go down with the epdm. Im trying to figure out if i want an overhang or not, and if so how to finish the underside of this?

Im going (so far) with a water tight building in a similar vein to surfers summerhouse with a rainscreen in larch. This larch isnt really functional as i intend it to be waterproof already.

Im also unsure how to finish the waterproofing at the top & bottom.. or does it just get battened to the structure and thats it?

scotia
    Free Member

Hello again:

nice weather is here and the rush after 2nd child is calming so i have some free time ish..

wondering with regards to rafters and spans? Anyone got any good infos?

Im probably going to go with 80×60 for the walls – probably too much but tricky to get other dimensions here that would work.. But the roof im not sure what to go for. The free span is 2.5m. Anyone?

thanks in advance

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘wood types – sheds’ is closed to new replies.