Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wood panels – wall art
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

https://www.karvdwalls.com/wood-carved-wall-panels

as this is a bike forum i thought I’d ask a wood working question. How tricky would it be to make panels like these?

What machinery is likely to be required. I like the panels, but they seem like they might be possible to DIY?

or am i under estimating the work that these would require?

wood panel

dyna-ti

Not seriously tricky, you’d need a router and a series of templates.

To use the template you’d need the router guide bushing to be kept tight to the edge, if it wanders off it might ruin the whole thing.

Wall art is subjective really. Can be anything, so even a series of freehand squiggly lines on a flat board fills a space on the wall.

alcolepone
    Free Member

I’ll answer my own question….

😀

cb200
    Free Member

If you supply the wood, a CNC company could programme and cut that in an hour. Probably less than £100. You’d just need to sand and finish.

dyna-ti

If you supply the wood, a CNC company could programme and cut that in an hour. Probably less than £100. You’d just need to sand and finish.

But its so much nicer and considerably more rewarding to do it yourself 😀

Im trying to find some vids to give you a better idea. Over the years ive watched some good vids on using the router to make surface patterns like your panels, typically now im having probs finding the right thing.

How about this. Not too dangerous as it would be with a powertool such as a router and probably cheaper. Plus with carving once you get into it is very rewarding and very addictive.

zilog6128

I personally hate them – someone’s obviously just bought a Fisher Price My First CNC and is just bashing out the whatever simplistic designs come to mind. Fair play if they can actually build a business out of it though! 🤣

As said, very simple for anyone with access to the right equipment. Considerably harder with a handheld router, especially if you wanted to stick with the perfect geometry – but I’m sure you could come up with something much better & more interesting!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What about router and inlay perhaps?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wood panels – wall art’ is closed to new replies.