Wood for sale, how much to ask

Home Forum Chat Forum Wood for sale, how much to ask

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wood for sale, how much to ask
  • grantway

I would sell it for a third less, and make people aware its for your Charity and not to profit from.

Don’t sell yourself to cheap

jamesfts

Where are you out of interest?

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Going rate for roadside wet is around £35-50 per tonne depending on species. For back of envelope assume around 600Kg/m3 for wet density.

sharkbait

I just paid £50 for this (about 2 tons probably) delivered from a tree surgeon if that helps.

I take it you’re not delivering it. I’d contact a few log sellers and see if they’ll buy it.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

Wood for sale, how much to ask

Depends really on the market in your area for stovists and wannabe hipster woodcutters/mad-bad weirdy beardy McAxerists, is the wood Artisanal?, has it been processed with hand saws and none of that nasty chainsaw nonsense?, was the wood dragged out by traditional shire horse?, has it been fed throughout it’s life by direct application of urine to the root ball (urine=nitrogen) on a full moon as fair maidens swooned around, did poets and effete males cry and throw themselves under the hooves of the horses?.

If you can tick a few of the boxes above and If you can discover the right market for it along with a suitable website (black n’ white pics only) then i imagine you could probably make an absolute fortune.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

has it been fed throughout it’s life by direct application of urine to the root ball (urine=nitrogen) on a full moon as fair maidens swooned around, did poets and effete males cry and throw themselves under the hooves of the horses?.

I knew I was doing something wrong.

redstripe

We have a lot of recent tree thinnings on our land and it would be good to get something back for our charity that runs the site. We have enough for our own fires. With people thinking of stocking up for their winter wood burners, might be a good time. But how much to ask? Could ask for donations, but an idea would be good. We have absolutely loads of Oak, Sweet chestnut, Silver birch and Scots pine (latter is pretty crap on fires but okay split for kindling). It’s been felled in the past few months and lying about in stacks, various thicknesses and lengths up to 7′. We could chop down further and split but haven’t really got the time, would rather someone just took it themselves. Most places round here are between £50-£100 for a (supposedly) seasoned chopped pick up load, should we ask about 1/2 that? Cheers

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

I’d suggest splitting into lots and sticking it on Gumtree/eBay. There are plenty of middle class chainsaw warriors that would love the opportunity to get their hands on some wood for a play. Ideally, split the loads int a 6×4 trailer load and charge £30 a go on a pick your own type basis.

redstripe

Thanks, gives me a good idea, I reckon £25-30 fair for a trailer or pick up back load. Somafunk – lots of those types around here. Jamesfts – New Forest, Hants/Dorset border

soobalias

I just paid £50 for this (about 2 tons probably) delivered from a tree surgeon if that helps

my tree surgeon is always grateful of somewhere to dump logs (cut, split) , folk will only pay for fire-ready.

headfirst

middle class chainsaw warrior

I resemble that remark… 😐

luke

Have a bloody big bonfire at the big bike bash.
    Otherwise I’d advertise at £50 a trailer full, especially if you can get it down to fire.sized.

AdamW

Read title.

Is disappointed. 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wood for sale, how much to ask’ is closed to new replies.