Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Wonder where the anti 4×4 lobby is now
  • Radioman

A fair bit better. They use the same engine in an aluminium bodied Jag and it does a fair bit more. The whole point of the Disco is that it has a very tough chasis and its very big…unfortunately big and tough is heavy.

bassspine
    Free Member
    zokes
    Free Member

The new Disco is a great car and even gets over 30mpg. Thats loads better than lots of sports cars including Golf r32s and GTIs.

Really? I average about 40 MPG in my 1.8T GTI….

It also seems to have worked surprisingly well the last couple of days in the North West…

oldgit
    Free Member

My landrovers been great in this weather. On the way back from a job today I took all the country lanes. Had a great moment when a Red Kite flew along the line of the road in front of me.
    Actually I've found this snow quite grippy 😐 I found getting out of the pit in the quarry I was working in today easier in the snow than the plain wet.

samuri
    Free Member

I really think most of the 'poorly educated weirdo's' 😉 who are anti-4×4 are actually anti-overpriced **** mobile like X5's and Cayennes. I know I am.

I've nothing against people who need a defender, buying one and driving it up 1:3 hills covered in ice to rescue a sheep and I've actually nothing against someone who just buys one because it makes their cock feel bigger as they look down on everyone. I have to admit though, I'm not hugely fond of people who buy a big stupid car like that and then treats everyone else like shit because it in some way makes them feel superior.

If you like having a big car then great, good for you, it's your wallet but don't try and justify it by saying you bought it because it's much better in snow than everything else for the 1 week in ten years that it actually does have a slight advantage. That just makes you look silly.

Expat
    Free Member

I am sure all you well prepared people will have purchased a set of snow chains (earlier in the yr) in the unlikely event that it will – er snow!

aP
    Free Member

I don't have a problem with 4x4s, but do dislike SUVs.
    But to answer the question I've mostly been cycling to and from work.
    Over Christmas I found my focus perfectly fine to drive around on the small roads in the lakes and up Hartside.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If any of them are near Fife, could they give Jimmey a tow please

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Wonder where the anti 4×4 lobby is now’ is closed to new replies.