Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Women’s windproof/winter bibs?
  • ElShalimo

My wife is looking for some windproof bib tights as her current ones are not windpry.

Any recommendations?

ElShalimo

Oops not windproof.

ahsat

I have the Castelli Meno https://www.castelli-cycling.com/gb/women/bottoms/cycling-tights-knickers/p/451556520A-010 which are similar to the Perfetto jacket. Wore both on a 20 mile cx ride yesterday in 4C and a fresh breeze and was comfortably warm. Highly recommended if she likes the Castelli pad (which I do).

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’m slightly obsessed with morvelo gear when it comes to road riding. They’ve just redesigned their stormproof bib tights so if it were me I’d be getting a pair of them. Even though I love mine they could be snugger around the ankle and I find them very slightly short so hopefully the new design fixes that.

ElShalimo

Thanks

ElShalimo

After discussing this she’d prefer some windproof unpadded cycling tights to go over normal padded shorts

Any suggestions? I’m struggling to find anything

matt_outandabout

Mrs_OAB has some winter Pearl Izumi (Sugar?) tights without pad and likes them. She wears baggy over the top so windproofing is less of a concern.
    They fit her short frame in XS well. I think they have a windproof panel version called the Pursuit Therm I think.

GolfChick
    Free Member

What about considering leg warmers instead then? They can be worn with any of her padded shorts she already has?

ahsat

After discussing this she’d prefer some windproof unpadded cycling tights to go over normal padded shorts

Really really hard to find. Decent quality unpadded women’s tights are petty rare – only ones I have are the Rapha Winter Classics (bought in the sale of course). Not personally aware of anything windproof.

footflaps

Not personally aware of anything windproof.

Although lots of not specifically windproof winter bib tights seem to be pretty much windproof, or at least I’ve not noticed the wind through them.

ElShalimo

I think the generic Roubaix style fabrics are just wind resistant but when stretched and possibly damp they’re less effective.

If you’re skinny and feel the cold, every little helps

matt_outandabout

That’s very true. Hence pulling up a chair and hoping to find an even warmer set for mrs_oab.

ahsat

It dawned on me that maybe Gore did some, but I can only find women’s winter tights with a chamois

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-wear-womens-c5-thermo-bib-tights

Probably another good option for warm anyway. I did consider these but I know the Castelli chamois worked for me.

It is really tricky – my Mum gets really cold on the bike and we looked for a windproof set she could wear another set of leggings underneath but didn’t managed to do so.

honeybadgerx

My wife’s got some Gore ones which she likes as much for the zippy bum flap as much as anything, particularly in bad weather!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Women’s windproof/winter bibs?’ is closed to new replies.