Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Womens Road Race
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

Well the beeb reckon they have sorted some of yesterdays problems,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/29/olympics-bbc-apology-cycling-coverage

It is apparently siling it down on the Mall (no vid for me until about 1:20ish).

Fingers crossed…

franksinatra

Will the ladies have as many wee stops as the men did?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Weather could really have an impact here. Massive thunderclap a little while ago over Westminster. Wonder if there’s any rain out in Surrey……

allthepies
    Free Member

We’ve just had a hailstorm in that Surrey and a couple of thunderclaps 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Sun try to get through the clouds here, so they should be OK.

Andy

From the OPs link

Gary Lineker, who is presenting much of the Games, also apologised for the camera work, tweeting: “This is the Olympics. The coverage is from a pool of broadcasters from across the world. I’m afraid that’s how it is regardless of who hosts.”

Sorry that doesn’t cut it. Why were these issues not sorted in the test event. Plus if they know the coverage is outside their control they should have planned for this by having their presenters better equipped and informed to compensate.

BBC 4/10 could do better

Anyways lets hope for an exciting race!

spacemonkey

Did anyone have any joy (yesterday) along the A25/Running Horses section? Was it jammed?

Am thinking of starting on the Headley straight and then going XC to the RH. Probably stupid of me though.

mattjg
    Free Member

Lashing down in Dorking.

@monkey there was plenty of space along the A25 near the Givons Grove roundabout yesterday, I was there. Mickleham village looked very crowded on the TV but I think today will be OK, with the wet weather and smaller crowds anyway.

mattjg
    Free Member

They’re riding into the bad weather. Turn around girls!

unklehomered
    Free Member

From guardian live blog thing:

A tweet from Fabian Cancellara …
    The Swiss rider suffered a nasty crash in the closing stages of yesterday’s men’s race and finished the race sobbing uncontrollably. He’s taken to Twitter this morning to wish the ladies “a lot of crowd” and to warn British spectators, presumably those lining the road out the countryside, not to get in the way of riders.

Hope the womens race have a lot of crowd to, please to the spectators make al least 2steps back.we risked our life a lot yesterday

[/quote]
    Didn’t look that bad as i watched the replay, compared to Tour bits, though I suppose the crowded bits on the tour tend to be climbs so going slower… Besides he binned it into stationary metal barriers…

People who saw more than me – was it that crowded?

Kit
    Free Member

I’m hoping for rain, just to make it interesting 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

Cancellara says ‘countryside’ presumably he doesn’t mean his crash spot. It looked to me like compared to TdF the crowd were miles back. But he knows.

Is he OK?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yeah, bruised to **** and back I imagine, but nothing broken and seems likely to TT.

Your kidding I can’t say ****? can i say fock? and heck? but not ****?

interesting… well now I know.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Why so many rear punctures?

cp

Its wet – all the crap gets washed onto the road and because it’s wet pierces the tyre more readily.

Mounty_73

And another one….. 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Have they never heard of 2.5″ dual ply ?

donsimon
    Free Member

It might have something to do with running high pressures in anticipation of the surface drying out later too.

uwe-r
    Free Member

A bit of cheating going on there? And it was an Audi!

nicko74

Looks like it’s shaping up to be an interesting race.

Gary Lineker, who is presenting much of the Games, also apologised for the camera work

Not quite right, tbh – the BBC hasn’t apologised so much as blamed everyone else instead…

uwe-r
    Free Member

My bad its a BMW.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Punctures – now they understand what it’s like riding in Surrey roads. Some of the worst surfaces in the country!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

While i sympathise, was Bronzini cheating?

stumpy01

I was commenting about getting punctures in the wet to a friend of mine who is a very experienced CNC toolmaker.
    He asked if I know what lubricant they use to machine rubber…? No idea…

Well, it’s water and he reckons that it would massively increase the risk of punctures/split tyres…

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh god he can’t even pronounce Giro properly..

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s better than yesterday though.

njee20
    Free Member

Only one crash on Coombe Lane. Feel slightly cheated.

Mounty_73

Porter is starting to get on my nerves (again) 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

Porter is starting to get on my nerves (again)

Could be worse, could be Duffield. 😐

njee20
    Free Member

They need to shut up about the slipperiness of all the roads. There are no notable bends on the A25!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Pooley showing em how it is done.

meehaja
    Free Member

“and just to mention the rain again, the road is wet, look at those puddles” etc etc. Its Britain, it rains. I seem to remember Beijing womens road race was properly torrential?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Is this the same course as the men’s race? Fewer laps?

beinbhan

Whats with the slow motion shots of them cornering ❓

craigxxl
    Free Member

Pooley is showing some real guts in what is turning out to be much more exciting race than the men’s.

mattjg
    Free Member

Stef, same except 2 laps of Box Hill not 9.

mattjg
    Free Member

Fact: that’s the most interesting thing to ever happen in Leatherhead.

donsimon
    Free Member

Vos on the front with that workman like style… I bet she’ll be chuffed with that… 😆

unklehomered
    Free Member

Is there some commentating law that means it’s not allowable to just not say anything for 30 seconds even if there isn’t anything to say???

matthew_h
    Free Member

“She’ll be gulping in the air with her race face on, believe me”

Argh!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Womens Road Race’ is closed to new replies.