Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Women's road bike trek or cube
  • dan45a
    Free Member

My wife is looking for a new road bike and has narrowed it down to a trek madone 3.1wsd or a cube axial wls pro.

She has had a short test ride on both but she really can’t feel much difference in the fit or feel. Both are carbon frames with lower end wheel sets. The cube has slightly better mix of finishing kit. Price wise the trek is slightly more.

Anyone got any advice on which is the better bike/frame as I can’t find any reviews to compare. Or anyone got any of these bikes?

Thanks

mrmo
    Free Member

get the one that looks nicer.

check the warranties in case the worst happens.

get the one from the “better” shop, ie the one you prefer feel will be more helpful if you need help.

batman11
    Free Member

Ultimately your gonna get a good bike from either brand. As you have said cubes are good value, finishing kit etc and you will find things like bb and head sets are branded components not nasty un branded ones to hit a price point etc.
    Ride wise I’m very pleased with the cube I got prior to my knee issues, having changed over from a bianchi I’m finding it a comfy and very quick that’s for sure.
    Bats.

barn
    Free Member

Great news is that they both fit – this is pretty much the single most important aspect of a road bike!
    I’d go with Cube to support the Euro.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Trek sold out of the 3 series 2012s very early on they were so popular.2013 is the same bike.Excellent bike lifetime on the frame.LBS has already sold 3 of the 2013 3.5s.

dan45a
    Free Member

Thanks all for the comments, cube is looking strong as is a bit cheaper and has the better kit.

Wife likes the colour of both so that doesn’t really help her decide 😉

martymac

i have a cube mtb, bought for exactly the reasons you are describing, ie:better finishing kit for the price.
    mate of mine sells cubes and he says there have been no problems at all with them honouring warranty claims.

Scapegoat

I was looking at an Axial WLS in Hebden Bridge today. It looked stunning., and the rider was thrilled with it. Cube over Trek any day in terms of VFM and looks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Women's road bike trek or cube’ is closed to new replies.