Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Women's Full Sus 26" – are there any?
  • merckx12

Mrs M is looking to buy a new full sus bike to replace her 8 year old Juliana. She’s 5′ 2″ so needs a small bike – she doesn’t want a 29er, ideally another 26″, but they seem impossible to find. Lots of internet searching hasn’t found much, so thought I’d see if anyone had any ideas?

robdob
    Free Member

New Juliana? XS one my wife rode in Moab was a 26″, rest of sizes are 650b. My wife is 4’11” and she loved it.

cinnamon_girl

Hmmmm, that’s interesting! BMC do an extra small men’s so may be worth checking out geometry.

c_g
    very happy with 26″ and not changing!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    merckx12

Thanks Robdob – that sounds a good idea and Stif not too far away either

merckx12

Cinnamon girl – agreed. Pity Trek don’t agree – Lush looks good, but now only in 29ers

cinnamon_girl

All my bikes are men’s so at 5’5″ it’s not a problem. I really wouldn’t want to end up with a mixture of wheel sizes as at the moment I can switch wheels between 2 bikes.

Not got anything against 650B or 29er’s, I’m really happy with what I have. 😀

matt_outandabout

Juliana; Kona did a couple of weeny FS bikes; old Cannondale Jeykly Femine.
    Mrs_OAB will not be parted with her old Cannondale – we are saving to send it away for headshock service and new headset bearings – as nothing seems as light and nippy…

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m hoping my Specialized Stumpjumper FSR lasts forever for the same reason – I’m 5ft 2, and I can’t fit on most of the small/extra small 29ers. Demoed a few last year, I think I was OK on the Giant Anthem, but the Cambers were unrideable. 🙁

I’ve got a small Scott Scale Contessa 29er, but, truth be told, even that’s a little too big for me. I’ve had a few awkward pubic bone smacks from having to stop suddenly, and the lack of standover kind of deters me from riding anything too technical with it. Thank god I don’t have testicles…

ajr
    Free Member

Ventana womens specific el Ciclon is 26″

towzer

longshot – would she be interested in a minty(v low use)/high spec 14″ 2009 orange 5 – if so can you bung up a mail/phone (bike in Wantage)

chestrockwell
    nunuboogie
    Free Member

Love my 14″ Orange 5, but would be interested in trying out the new version 27.5″ wheels.

eilers12
    Free Member

I’m thinking of selling my 26′ canyon nerve XC 6W, moving to big wheels. I’m 5’2 so would fit perfectly. Lovely looking bike in a aqua blue (gets admired everywhere i go). Great spec too – rockshox sid 120mm up front with a fox float 120m on the back. Shimano SLX, Avid Elixir 5 brakes, Mavic Crossride wheels. PM me if interested and i can send some pics and price.

Chainline
    Free Member

You may think they are expensive but not always compared to some now popular and cool dude brands but Nicolai will make you a great FS in whatever size you like and with whatever wheels you like. They don’t publicise their capability/USP enough in my mind.

My wife at 5′ has a perfect fit 140mm FS with loads of standover, just the right height seat tube etc etc.

The Ion range can be made very small indeed and has a range of travel options. The Helius range pretty small with any wheel size. Of you go custom anyway you can choose everything else, seat angle, head angle etc etc.

The downside is depending on how busy they are, and it looks like they are this year, it can be a 16wk wait but not always.

TiRed
    skindog
    Free Member

Trek Lush? Alpine Bikes are selling a Small for £1300 at their Glentress shop.

merckx12

Thanks for all these ideas – she’s looking to buy new though. Nikolai sounds worth a look.

emsz
    Free Member

Juliana Origin comes in 26″ version. Lovely colour as well. It very small though.

I’m looking at either the Five Diva or Nukeproof TR next. Both 27.5 but the Nukeproof is so much fun to ride!!

Chainline
    Free Member

Merckx,

Check out a local dealer if you have one for Nicolai to find out about the process understand prices..colour etc is whatever you want..if you struggle, msg me and I can put you in touch with their Head Engineer.

First thing is get a good idea what you want in terms of travel, then standover & seat tube. For example xtra small frames were tight for standover for my wife but just about doable but seatpost heights were no good for her with a 125mm dropper post. My thought was why should she not have that benefit!

merckx12

Thanks Chainline – I’ll follow that up and get in touch if I need to. I think the choice for women sems to have got worse over the past few years, at least for MTB, road seems a bit easier

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Women's Full Sus 26" – are there any?’ is closed to new replies.