Women's body armour

Home Forum Bike Forum Women's body armour

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Women's body armour
  • xiphon

mrs xiphon is quite a small build (5′ 2″) – we had to get everything 661 XS or large kids size to fit.

She’s opted for the full pressure suit / padded shorts / leg armour choice though.

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Subscriber

The 661 in XS is your best bet.

Have they Dianese got stuff in a junior fit? It may be worth finding out.

Premier Icon uberscott
    Subscriber

Mrs Uber is after some body armour as she’s really pushing her riding at the moment and has the occasional tree-hugging episode 🙂

Originally we were just looking at elbow pads (she wears 661 Kyle Strait knee pads) – but we ended up getting a small 661 Subgear top as it looked like a good setup with shoulder, chest and elbow pads. Unfortunately it seems very biased towards male riders with broad shoulders and narrow hips – so it doesn’t fit very well. We’re considering getting it altered, but I’d like to see if any of the STW female riders have any ideas.

She’s not after a full pressure-suit setup, but would like something that’s comfortable to wear and offers a bit of protection.

Cheers! 🙂

Premier Icon Popocatapetl
    Subscriber

“Force field” body armour is really good and comfortable to wear. i have a full set and it is available in women specific sizes. On the down side it is quite expensive!

Munqe-chick

Was that what you wanted? CHain reaction were doing them at some point.
    http://www.rockgardn.com/items/body-armor/lady-flak-jacket-lfj-detail.htm

Premier Icon uberscott
    Subscriber

Thanks for the suggestions – I’ll check them out! I wear a Forcefield back protector on the motorbike so I know how good that stuff is 🙂 The Rockgardn stuff looks interesting too, CRC are still stocking their gear…

stealthcat

The Rockgardn stuff is pretty good – I’m on my second flak jacket after a really stupid crash that would probably have been air ambulance material without it. It seems like a proper women’s fit, as well; none of the men’s stuff I tried was anywhere near as comfortable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Women's body armour’ is closed to new replies.