Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Women of the Forum
  • SaxonRider

How many are (still) active on here? It seems to me that there used to be more than there are now, although it could be that some contributors are women, and I have never realised it because of the username.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen allthegear or CinnamonGirl for post for some time. And of course emsz long since fled the parish.

nbt

CinnamonGirl is around, she’s antivaxxing on the Covid thread. ahsat and bunnyhop are around. there are a few other lady posters but there can be a somwehat misogynistic vibe at times so the low numbers is not surprisng

ayjaydoubleyou

and I have never realised it because of the username.

I spent a long time trying to work out how to pronounce ahsat (and eventually settled on “arsehat” and wondered how that nickname had come about) and then I saw a pic of her campervan and realised it was actually Tasha backwards. (sorry). I now just read it as Tasha.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Usernames are not necessarily indicative of gender or even species for the matter.
    I’m not even a real panther.

the00
    Free Member

Having a thread outing all the ladies is not helpful or inclusive.

136stu
    Free Member

Usernames are not necessarily indicative of gender or even species for the matter.

Next you’ll be saying you’re not called Percy either

binners

My real name’s Louise

5plusn8
    Free Member

CinnamonGirl is around, she’s antivaxxing on the Covid thread.

a) disappointing always thought CG was rational and smart.
    b) as its a Neil Young song had never assumed that CG was female.

c) I agree that outing the ladies isn’t helpful.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I spent a long time trying to work out how to pronounce ahsat (and eventually settled on “arsehat”

Glad I’m not the only one.

dannyh
    Free Member

I was trying to think of a few smartarsed comments, but actually I reckon that is a very sensible post.

funkmasterp

Never mind the women of STW we need a list of the stealth mods. It can’t just be Drac by himself now. I know he’s got a magic iPad but even so he can’t be alone.

I’m looking at you Scotroutes 😉

Drac

Let’s not make it personal 5plus8.

zilog6128

this. Weird thread. Don’t really care who is what personally.

cinnamon_girl

CinnamonGirl is around, she’s antivaxxing on the Covid thread.

@nbt you clearly didn’t read what I posted did you! I made it clear that my kids have had their childhood jabs, as have I and generally consider them to be a good thing. A few months ago I refused a flu jab (never had flu) and am refusing a Covid jab as I don’t want to be part of a medical experiment. Hardly an “anti-vaxxer”, whatever that is.

Jakester
    Free Member

m

refusing a Covid jab as I don’t want to be part of a medical experiment

. Hardly an “anti-vaxxer”, whatever that is.

Er, that’s the exact description of an anti-vaxxer..🤷‍♂️

5plusn8
    Free Member

drac Let’s not make it personal 5plus8.

Apologies, was flippant seeing as I had not read any of her posts about it..
    (and I’m not going in there or bringing it here)
    PS Drac you could do some work elsewhere as lots of insults get thrown around on here.

grum
    Free Member

Are you a real perch?

Jakester
    Free Member

grum
    Are you a real perch?

Seems a bit fishy to me.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

<deleted>

Out of interest can you take this to the covid thread?

Done.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Out of interest can you take this to the covid thread?

Cougar

I’m looking at you Scotroutes 😉

As an ex-moderator I’m happy to confirm that he isn’t a stealth moderator.

Or at least, wasn’t. I’ve no idea now, of course.

ThePilot
    Free Member

I am a woman of the forum.
    As others have said, not sure why it matters.
    I got outed once and thought it was out or order. No big deal. Just didn’t think it was his place to correct another forum member when I hadn’t.
    I don’t really ride any more. I’ve gone full time doggist. I left for a while.
    I’ve had a few arguments on here, I’ve reacted to people’s posts rather than ignoring them or making sure I actually understand what they meant but overall I like it here.
    I joined a pet forum while I was absent. Jesus wept, it made me appreciate was a lovely, warm, fuzzy place STW is – most of the time at least 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

And yet I really am the scarlet pimpernel

slackboy

I’ve gone full time doggist

I joined a pet forum

cue confused conversations all round as people try to figure out whether they are actually in the right place for the right reasons 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

he isn’t a stealth moderator

But one poster on this thread is….

bearnecessities

I got outed once and thought it was out or order. No big deal. Just didn’t think it was his place to correct another forum member when I hadn’t.

Oh ‘eck, I mentioned it once as you were being referred to as “he” a few times in a thread. Apologies if that’s the occasion you’re referring to.

ThePilot
    Free Member

@bearnecessities
    No worries. It is nice of you to say sorry.

fasthaggis

Indeed.
    I ain’t a haggis and not particularly fast.

funkmasterp

But one poster on this thread is….

Oooh! It’s like Cluedo. I’m going Bearnecessities in the server room with a mechanical keyboard.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Still here, but lurking in silence (previous experiences made me reluctant to post). Still riding bikes. Still smiling.

I guess I’ve been part of STW for over 10 years now … Nice to see some familiar names are still around

bearnecessities

No worries.

Oh crap, it was that time then. Sorry again, really didn’t intend to ‘out’ you as I didn’t realise it was something you tried to keep private.

I am a woman of the forum.

He’s lying (does that help?) 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

Oooh! It’s like Cluedo. I’m going Bearnecessities in the server room with a mechanical keyboard.

Nope….go fish…!

ThePilot
    Free Member

@bearnecessities It’s not something I try to keep private. I didn’t think it was important and seeing as I hadn’t said anything, neither should anybody else.
    Lol re the second part 🙂

funkmasterp

Still here, but lurking in silence (previous experiences made me reluctant to post). Still riding bikes. Still smiling.

First bit good, second bit is shit and you should ignore the idiots, well at least the bad kind and post. Third and fourth bits are excellent and go hand in hand 😀

redmex
    Free Member

There must be couple of lumberjacks on here that cut down trees, wear high heels, suspendies and a bra while riding their bikes

emsz
    Free Member

still visit, don’t post much as I don’t ride mountain bikes now really, I either run or roadie, or working. Sometimes this place is a bit “bloke-ish” but that’s mostly as mountain biking is mostly men, I never really felt unwelcome, or very rarely, and lots of posters on here were/are really lovely and welcoming. The Kylie posts were a bit much, but honestly I look back at my 20 year old self and sometimes I think I was a bit of prick anyway, so you know, can’t have it both ways.

BillMC

I noticed recently some of the most sensitive and insightful contributors to these columns happen to be women.

dannyh
    Free Member

I noticed recently some of the most sensitive and insightful contributors to these columns happen to be women.

For balance, though, women can also be daft….

Drac

PS Drac you could do some work elsewhere as lots of insults get thrown around on here.

@5plusn8
    unless you report them I will probably not see them as I do work elsewhere not just volunteer on the forum, so unlike some users I don’t read every post or thread.

@dannyH
    the idea of some moderators keeping it a ‘secret’ is they don’t want to identified to avoid any problems or personal attacks, it does happen. So I strongly suggest if you do know to keep quiet not even any hints.

dannyh
    Free Member

I will.

Although I am not massively keen on mods being ‘non-declared’ as that too can embolden said mod to try to draw a response from someone they disagree with.

Anyway, this place is argumentative enough without rumours and hearsay swirling around, so the topic is probably best left alone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Women of the Forum’ is closed to new replies.