Women and bib shorts.

Home Forum Bike Forum Women and bib shorts.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Women and bib shorts.
  • Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

Pearl Izumi do a couple of options that address that issue – Women’s Elite and P.R.O. droptail bibshorts.

Algore

GORE BIKE WEAR Power Lady Bibtights use a patented ‘easy relief’ system.

Nope, hate them – don’t like having to pretty much undress for a pee, and don’t like the bib section of them. If i *had* to get them, i’d look at the newer designs with the zip at the back

flowerpower

I bought a couple of pairs of bibs for comfort when riding LEJOG last year. Yes, it does make pee stops a bit more of a faff but for me this was totally over ruled by the comfort factor! Until trying bibs I had never thought of ‘normal’ shorts as uncomfy, but now realise how annoying the waist band was.

On the road I will still wear bibs, the extra couple of seconds that it takes to pull your top up round your neck is worth it. In really chilly or wet weather I make sure that I have a base layer under the bib so that your core keeps warm. TMI??

On the MTB I have reverted back to shorts as the baggies on top spoil the ‘seam free’ feeling anyway.

There are shorts out there with zips (Gore?) to make things easier, but they are more expensive, and in my mind the zips could easily get stuck, be hard to operate with cold fingers, break etc etc…

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

hard enough to pee for blokes in bibs (my lusso bibshorts come up really high and no zip) would have thought it’s nigh on impossible for ladies without serious disrobement

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

Pearl Izumis don’t have zips – really easy to use and worth a go.

hjghg5

I put up with the faffing at pee stops. It’s not ideal but I put up with it because I prefer bibs otherwise.

flowerpower, you should try the gore oxygen shorts…waistband is amazing on them, elastic at the back but not at the front. Fits like a dream and so comfy. I now have 3 pairs of them!

If I’m wearing my (mens) bib shorts i still prefer to take them off my shoulders to pee, it doesn’t really add much to the faff factor. Besides women tend to have that ability to take a bra off whilst still wearing a top so I reckon lowering bib shorts would be a doddle for the average woman.

stevious

My wife’s looking at replacing some lycra and thinking about getting some bib shorts, but we can’t figure out if they’ll make wee stops too difficult.

Do any of the ladies on here use bib shorts, and what are your experiences?

stumpy01

I think Endura have just released some women’s bib shorts with a wee flap.

flowerpower

@dirtygirlonabike – cheers, will try them 🙂 Comfy shorts make such a difference, but they aren’t something that you can buy and try 😕

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

The Pearl Elites are similar – elasticated at rear, and no elastic at front.

oliverd1981

If you have to stop to pee – you’re not sweating perspiring hard enough.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Women and bib shorts.’ is closed to new replies.