Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Womans bib shorts!
  • ahsat

Yes, that old chestnut – womans shorts, but not baggies this time, bib shorts!

I am 5’9″, 31-32″ inside leg and 30″ waist (though I need 32″ waist trousers as I have cyclist thighs) and have loads of problems with womans kit – either because I am too tall or actually have thighs that some of the time can get a bike up hill! I have finally found some baggies I am happy with and I am now looking for some bib shorts as I have got on really well with my bib tights and they are just more supportive than normal lycra shorts for long rides. My bib tights are Protective Seraphine but the Protective shorts are too short in the leg for me. I like something that comes down mid thigh, at least, to prevent your inner leg rubbing on the saddle!

Anyone got any ideas?

peteimpreza
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

prevent your inner leg rubbing

the mind boggles…

ahsat

The joy of the Protective ones is the zip down the back which means (excuse me lads) you can go to the loo without having to get an arm out of your top! Are the Assos ones sutiably equiped?

ahsat

the mind boggles…

Thanks simon…I should have expected it! Lol!

peteimpreza

They unclip at the front. Look at the white version you can see the arrangement more clearly.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think the whole bib thing hints at a bondage tendency – I like to be able to get my kit off quicker :o)

ahsat

They unclip at the front.

Ahha – ok! Makes more sense now! Cheers. Did think Assos probably would think of something sensible! I am going to have to see if I can find a pair at a LBS and see how they are lenght wise!

I think the whole bib thing hints at a bondage tendency

Damn, found out!

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

…Or you could email minxgirl – i’ve never bought anything off them but they’re quite helpful

I never wear bibs myself – i always thought they were designed for blokes who don’t have waists.

I’ve since come to believe that even women with similar measurements will have different shapes, so it’s hard to buy clothing before you try…

oh and yes, assos have lovely gear, including nice pair of 3/4 lengths that you might like…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i always thought they were designed for blokes who don’t have waists.

correct, it’s really a control garment!

ahsat

I never wear bibs myself – i always thought they were designed for blokes who don’t have waists

So did I, but they just stop the chamois moving around so much and catching on the saddle at a cruial hardcore downhill moment – hehe!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Womans bib shorts!’ is closed to new replies.