• This topic has 120 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • Woman spreads rubbish on skate park
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I can’t believe the comments excusing/defending her. Her actions are antisocial and criminal. She is a foul-mouthed mess of a human being, saying she wants to get “dog shit” on the skate park where children play.

Are her actions mad or bad? Both.

If she thinks that an appropriate response to some grievance she has, then she is the one with the problem.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I’m also aware of the massive disservice you do to these very serious issues by diluting them with over-sensitive hand-wringing nonsense like this.

Yup

philjunior
    Free Member

I’m afraid I do blame her. While she has every right to get pissed off, she’s not going to make the situation better by emptying bins on a ramp. In a different part of the country I could imagine her stringing a line across a cheeky trail.

There are means and ways. This isn’t one.
    And indeed it’s quite possible her actions could cause an injury to someone who comes along later on and encounters litter (possibly including glass) on the ramps.

“I don’t like litter so I’m throwing litter everywhere.” is a logically unsound phrase.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“I’m also aware of the massive disservice you do to these very serious issues by diluting them with over-sensitive hand-wringing nonsense like this.”

I think you’re actually being over-sensitive to my perceived over-sensitivity. 😉

” am fully aware of gender politics”

Oh really? Care to cite your relevant qualifications in this field?

“So I cant call a guy a d**k?”

No. Unless you’re one yourself. 😀

DrJ

So I cant call a guy a d**k?

Only at the risk of appearing to be prejudiced against non-cis-gender males.

Or something.

andyl
    Free Member

okay, back to the real issue here. Woman drops litter including bags of dog poo (and gloats about the litter containing dog poo) all over a childrens skate park and threatens to spread dog poo all over said skate park.

I hate litter. But I wouldnt do that with litter, let along dog poo that probably has nothing to do with the kids dropping their drink bottles and crisp packets.

DezB
    Free Member

What I love most about the internet is that someone can make a massive idiot of themselves whilst sat alone at the keyboard and not only feel no sense of embarrassment, but continue to argue the point that made them look stupid in the first place.
    Long live the Internet.

aracer
    Free Member

Wow, I’m usually on the hand wringy side of debates about sexism (anybody remember the Maxxis calendar thread?), but I still think clodhopper is breaking Wheaton’s Law (is making that suggestion allowed?) What’s more, be seeing sexism where there is none, he actually does a dis-service to gender equality by crying wolf.

Anyway, to pick up on another point he made, what possible “full story” could there be to justify her actions? I hope she’s been reported to the police/council (whoever enforces littering laws).

clodhopper
    Free Member

“be seeing sexism where there is none”

Just because you can’t see it yourself, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It just means you’re incapable of seeing it.

DezB; you seem to have been doing just that on here for 8 years! 😆

“what possible “full story” could there be to justify her actions?”

I don’t know; why not have a go at imagining something? It’s what everyone else seems to be doing.

user-removed
    Free Member

There are means and ways. This isn’t one.

When all the available options are used up, when you’ve fruitlessly petitioned the council, perhaps you’ve tried soft conversation with the perpetrators at the park, then go radge. Just unload on the wee blighters.

Obviously not the best course of action but I genuinely feel her frustration.

Dark-Side

Its not like the kids are suddenly going to have a Damascus moment and clear up all her shit, and their own forever more because of what she did, is it. More likely the litter will blow around in the wind to other areas of the park, and kids will walk through the dog eggs and spread it all over the grass and ramp. It will be up to some poor council workers to sort her mess out, after making the park a less pleasant place to be for a while.

Funny way of proving your point about litter.

theotherjonv

**** b***ch might be a more offensive variant, would the same sexist outrage be being touted if someone had called her a silly cow?

I wouldn’t call a bloke a silly cow, so is that sexist abuse?

user-removed
    Free Member

Obviously, it’s about education. The more of us who instill in our children the idea that taking your rubbish home, the better our immediate environs will be.

Sadly, there are still lots of adults my age (42 if you must know) who think it’s fine to dump inconvenient stuff out the window / over the shoulder.

When I was at school, we had short telly programmes reminding us why we shouldn’t chuck our litter around. Followed by a boy getting fried whilst trying to retrieve a frisbee from a pylon. Bring back the good old days.

ads678

Just because you can’t see it yourself, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It just means you’re incapable of seeing it.

or it isn’t actually there….

Some people think they’ve seen the loch ness monster!!

aracer
    Free Member

Just because you imagine it doesn’t mean it does exist – did you read the bit where I mentioned I’m usually arguing against the people who can’t perceive real sexism? I have a big issue with sexism – a gender specific insult isn’t (on its own) sexism – elsewhere on this forum I recently used the word “git” which I’m fairly sure I’ve never seen applied to a woman, that wasn’t sexist either, and yes I have also used the offending word here to refer to selfish anti-social women.

“what possible “full story” could there be to justify her actions?”

I don’t know;[/quote]

Come back when you’ve got some ideas then, given that was your claim.

GrahamS

Sadly, there are still lots of adults my age (42 if you must know) who think it’s fine to dump inconvenient stuff out the window / over the shoulder.

Yep. Going back to your story about working for the council: some people seem to genuinely believe that picking up their rubbish is someone else’s job and go as far as saying that they’d be doing someone out of a job if they cleared up after themselves.

So I understand the potential source of this woman person thing’s frustration, but her it’s approach to dealing with it by making the problem much worse (and potentially hazardous) is ridiculously anti-social. And deserves a suitable gender-neutral non-hurtful insult: the silly poo-poo head. 😉

clodhopper
    Free Member

“I have a big issue with sexism”

Yes, it appears you’re quite ignorant about it.

Ok. For those still in the dark, some light reading.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1975/65

And:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64

If you can find any part of that which proves me wrong, feel free to quote it. Happy reading! 😀

Another little bit:

Is ‘Bitch’ an Example of Internalized Sexism?

user-removed
    Free Member

Agreed (edit with GS) Were I that child in the video, I hope I’d conduct myself with similar aplomb. And not call her a mad ****.

One incident from my bin man / ski slope attendant worker stays with me though. After a 10 hour day, encouraging kids to ski / snowboard / skate, I witnessed a chap throwing a paper bag away – he was on a BSO with two wee boys.

He was a big lad but he totally got my goat and my goat was gotten. I forcefully asked him if he thought that was a good example to set to his kids, he replied with his fists.

Poked him in the face with my litter picker, got sacked.

GrahamS

If you can find any part of that which proves me wrong, feel free to quote it.

How about you point out the bit in the Sex Discrimination Act that you think fits this situation?
    Because this suggests that the act doesn’t apply here.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

“So I cant call a guy a d**k?”
    No. Unless you’re one yourself.

Don’t geddit… All this sexism, reverse sexism, non-sexism and bizarre playground pedantry if frying my little head.

DrJ

bbuI’m surprised no-one has raised the issue of the topic title – “WOMAN spreads rubbish on skate park” ?? How is her sex relevant?

GrahamS

Or her species?

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm, last recourse of man person losing internet argument, provide links to large documents supposedly supporting their cause without bothering to point out the specific parts they think provide that support. Nope, sorry, I’m not reading through all that in an attempt to work it out – how about you give us some specific quotes?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

bbuI’m surprised no-one has raised the issue of the topic title – “WOMAN spreads rubbish on skate park” ?? How is her sex relevant?

I’m actually a little miffed it wasn’t pointed out that she’s a caucasian, of estimated middle years with an educated accent. That red fleece really isn’t flattering either – what was she thinking?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

clodhopper don’t go yet, I think you’ve almost won everyone over.

yunki
    Free Member

well… I just learned a lesson from all this

I was gonna risk a ban and post some sort of pictorial meme which included the text ‘mad **** ****’

The lesson that I learned is not to google that phrase!!
    I need eye bleach

D0NK

clodhopper yes our society has a big problem with sexism and yes STW has some people who would benefit from a bit of education on the matter but when you’ve got all the other bleeding heart lefty liberals arguing against you then I’d suggest you’ve probably gone wrong somewhere.

sbob
    Free Member

clodhopper – Member

If you can find any part of that which proves me wrong, feel free to quote it.

*Bitch please, all you’ve shown is that she’s guilty of an offence and he isn’t.

*Think about it…

DrJ

PERSON SPREADS MATERIAL ON EXTERNAL AREA

Frankenstein
    Free Member

So kids litter, so she makes a larger mess to make a point.

Video only shows one side of the video.

STW’ers ignore it and go on about how swearing is offensive to particular genders or everyone or that the person is not a particular gender without answering the question.

You’re all bonkers or politicians.

ocrider

Looks to me like the skatepark is a relatively new addition to that area, the lack of shite graff all over it make my spidey senses tingle.
    It’s another contributing factor to her batshit craziness. She’s just a nimby trying to reinforce her prejudice against dem yoot and trying to make ‘her park’ as uncomfortable as possible for other, different people.
    She’s like a stickman, but a she, with shit.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

PERSON SPREADS MATERIAL ON EXTERNAL AREA

Tears

😆

edlong
    Free Member

clodhopper – Member[/u]
    … the mere mention of it has got some people to really get their knickers in a twist, it seems.

Knickers? That word that is most commonly used to describe undergarments worn by those who identify as female? Directed at other users who, you are well aware, are mostly, if not entirely, people who identify as male and therefore don’t wear undergarments that they would refer to as “knickers”?

So what does the phrase convey? What is the cultural loading? That one is vexed, sure, but that one is vexed in a way one might associate with females? Being a bit “girly”, perhaps? It’s indisputably a pejorative connotation that is intended, so you are suggesting that there is something sub-optimal about being a knicker wearer (therefore also about being female) there aren’t you?

Sexist bitch.

I’ve said it before but hopefully this will be the last time I do so: despite this place being used by lots of really interesting people with interesting stuff to say, far too often they are drowned out by idiots, to the extent that it drags everyone else down the same level. I’m as guilty as anyone – I’ve just re-read what I’ve written above and the fact that I’ve spent a portion of my day engaging with this sort of imbecilic nonsense is not something that makes me proud. It brings the worst out in people and I watch myself turn into one of “them” and doing it myself. I think I’m done with this place. If anyone catches me wasting my own time and theirs with any further inane, pointless drivel on an inane, pointless drivelly thread, please point me back to this post and remind me not to let the door hit me on the ass on the way out.

Thanks, it’s been good (sometimes)

Mister-P
    Free Member

The more I watch it, the more I fancy her. Just the right side of crazy.

aracer
    Free Member

Well she’s clearly dirty

bigblackshed

GrahamS

WRONG!

If you are going to cite xkcd then do it properly:

philjunior
    Free Member

WRONG!

If you are going to cite xkcd then do it properly:

This is a good thread, it’s stopped me bothering trying to become a Wikipedia editor over the point that it states the Highway Code gives people going up Hardknott Pass priority (it is suggested in the highway code that people going down a steep hill may want to be considerate and give way to people coming up, but this doesn’t confer priority).

Anyway, I feel a bit sorry for clodhopper, but given that as edlong points out he’s a massive hypocrite that finds fault where there really is none, I hope he re-evaluates his worldview rather than changing everyone elses.

ads678

edlong – Member ……I think I’m done with this place. If anyone catches me wasting my own time and theirs with any further inane, pointless drivel on an inane, pointless drivelly thread, please point me back to this post and remind me not to let the door hit me on the ass on the way out.

Thanks, it’s been good (sometimes)

Now look what you’ve done clodhopper!!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Well she’s clearly dirty

The way she handles a bin bag reeks of subject mastery.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Woman spreads rubbish on skate park’ is closed to new replies.