Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Woman assaulted in FoD this evening
  • keypulse
    Free Member

No one I know, but this was posted tonight and the more eyes on this the better; this nutter needs putting away.

*Please help*Tonight at just before 5pm a female cyclist was assaulted while riding the red enduro mountain bike trail…

Posted by Pedalabikeaway on Thursday, July 2, 2020

“*Please help*
    Tonight at just before 5pm a female cyclist was assaulted while riding the red enduro mountain bike trail in Sallowvallets.
    She was beaten with a 2 metre long wooden stick sustaining several bruises on her arms, back, ribs and legs.
    The attacker was a white male in their late sixties. He was about 5ft 6 to 5ft 8, with a white beard, receding white hair and of medium build.
    He was wearing a blue and white striped top and walking with a small Jack Russell dog.
    He may well be local to the area.
    There is a cash reward for any information leading to a prosecution.
    You can contact us in confidence or contact Gloucestershire Constabulary quoting crime number GC – 20200702-0375”

mboy
    Free Member

It was my friend, I shared this on my facebook and a minute later she piped up to say it was her and her friend who were assaulted!

Fortunately she’s an ex copper, and managed to break the situation up. He friend received some bruising etc but is ok otherwise.

Just as well she is a very level headed person. Not so sure I could have been in that situation!

jkomo

Holy crap

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Poopscoop

Am I the only one thinking from the description of the perp/nature of the attack that this is likely to be to do with him taking some sort of umbrage with the 2 ladies rather than a random assault?

To clarify,I DO NOT mean the 2 female cyclists did anything wrong, (hell, even if they did they didn’t deserve this!) I mean that it sounds like the guy had an axe to grind with them for some reason.

Most odd and I suspect he’ll be found pretty fast from the description. Just as well from the sounds of it.

marksnook
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking the enduro red section is heading up towards y2k? Will keep my eyes open. Not sure I could have been level headed if I would happened upon the incident myself

People really are scum bags. He either has a problem with women or a problem with people on bike in the Forrest

endomick
    Free Member

Luckily that lady wasn’t on her own, hate to think how bad it could have got.
    Theres far too many of these irrational old fogies with a grudge against cyclists, I had an incident with two old guys at rivington, flapping their arms about because in their eyes I was too fast and reckless, despite already slowing down and giving them a wide berth, but one got a bit lively and tried to block my path then swung his walking stick at my face, he just missed and caught my shoulder thanks to the amount of room I’d given them.
    Crazy old bastards think their age gives them a right to do what they want, if he was 20 years younger he’d be having that stick surgically removed.

martinhutch

2 metre stick? What a psycho.

Hope your mate isn’t too shaken up, Mboy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

2m stick? At least he’s observing social distancing.

Might be in his best interests that the police get to him first.

fadda

Just saw this on Mrs fadda’s FB. I was at the FoD just before then, but can’t help with anything, unfortunately.

I was trying to reserve judgement until more info came out, but from mboy’s description she doesn’t sound like someone who’s likely to have done anything to aggravate anyone (again, definitely not condoning it, even if she had).

So he’s a nutter who needs stopping, for sure. Hope he gets found soon

reluctantjumper

Read this on my feed when I woke up, utterly despicable.

I’d guess he’s a local that has had a grudge against bikers using ‘his’ forest. There’s been a steady increase in anti-bike feeling among some areas as the trails have expanded and become even more popular over the last year or two, especially as the unofficial stuff has become larger and better known. With lockdown they must have got used to having the place to themselves again, now people are allowed there again the numbers have exploded sending these idiots over the edge. Not justifying it in any way but that’s my take on things going from what I’ve been told by friends who are riding there.

mboy – tell your friend that every biker will be looking out for him. As he’s a dog owner he’ll have a habitual place to go every day so will be spotted eventually.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Bloody Hell that is crazy I find all the dog walkers in there very friendly have been for years he is one nutter I thought all the strange people from the Forest were long gone!!! not so.Hope they are alright will put them off going down there for a while.

chakaping
    Free Member

If it’s a “troubled individual” with a grudge against riders (something of an assumption, but not a wild one) then I bet other riders will have encountered him before.

FB-ATB

g out for him. As he’s a dog owner he’ll have a habitual place

Most likely to have a regular time to walk too.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its not a wild one had one in Cranham woods above Gloucester years ago putting nails on tracks,tacks you name it not a dog walker just hated MTBers what about dog walkers or the wildlife standing on them one nutter he was.

PrinceJohn

Wonder if this is anything to do with it?

We have received reports over night that the Red Freeminers and Enduro Trail have been sabotaged with traps. These were…

Posted by Forest of Dean Cycle Trails on Friday, July 3, 2020

supernova

I can’t imagine the dog walkers local to that side of the valley aren’t completely used to mtbers now and adjust their routes accordingly, so makes me think he must be from slightly further afield and driven there to walk his dog.

The only negative interaction I’ve felt over lockdown has been people coming in from away to walk and are not used to seeing cyclists all over the woods. You can tell they’re not local because they’ve got rucksacks and hiking boots on like it’s an actual wilderness rather than just your local woods like the locals.

cinnamon_girl

This is shocking. Because they were cyclists, not their gender?

reluctantjumper

Trail sabotage too?!? So we have an assault and now illegal traps that could lead to charges of GBH if someone was to gt hurt.

stevextc
    Free Member

There’s been a steady increase in anti-bike feeling among some areas as the trails have expanded and become even more popular over the last year or two

I can’t help feeling a lot has been since lockdown eased?
    I’d been really surprised on local bridleways just how pleasant non bikers were in general then in 2 days I had two stupid verbals one threatened to “confiscate” my bike. Both had rather posh accents and an attitude they can just tell you what the law is and you’re too thick to be able to read. One had a lovely collie, the other a fly fishing rod… he may have been called J.R. Hartley even

Both as far as I could tell on bridleways where signs had been removed. (couldn’t be 100% without my specs)

stevextc
    Free Member

Trail sabotage too?!? So we have an assault and now illegal traps that could lead to charges of GBH if someone was to gt hurt.

Surely conspiracy or whatever to GBH or murder is appropriate before someone does get hurt or killed. Should also pull the RSPCA in for trying to cripple deer and boar.

reluctantjumper

I’d been really surprised on local bridleways just how pleasant non bikers were in general then in 2 days I had two stupid verbals one threatened to “confiscate” my bike. Both had rather posh accents and an attitude they can just tell you what the law is and you’re too thick to be able to read. One had a lovely collie, the other a fly fishing rod… he may have been called J.R. Hartley even

Both as far as I could tell on bridleways where signs had been removed. (couldn’t be 100% without my specs)

The locals who have grown up in the Forest are on the whole lovely as they appreciate the money and jobs the visiting bikers bring to the area, they usually know someone who rides regularly too so that helps. It’s the posh people who move in with their ideas about country life that are the ones who start telling everyone what they can and cannot do. It was these people who were fighting for a cull of the Wild Boars a few years ago after some of them had their gardens dug over by them. The locals generally went with the opinion of the Boars were here first and add to the charm of living there so there wasn’t a major issue.

I’ve been at the cafe at Mallard’s Pike before and heard a couple say that they shouldn’t serve cyclists as this part of the woods is for walkers only! It’s these type of people that are stirring up the anti-bike issues that are leading to the assault and traps this thread is about. It needs to be sorted out quickly, the locals on here will know more than I do.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

I’ve both seen personally and heard about other trails that have been deliberately blocked with trees that have obviously been felled with a chainsaw.
    Probably not the FC as it’s been single trees. There’s some weird/sad/problem people out there.

meatsupreme
    Free Member

According to one of the women involved (on Pedalabikaway FB post) the nutjob was angry because of social distancing/lockdown reasons and was not due to anti bike sentiment.

You’ve got to be a bit clueless to go walking your dog round there as it’s busy with riders all the time, probably someone who’s just started using the woods recently maybe due to lockdown.

supernova

Forestry England have been blocking some lines on Staple Edge with logs across paths. I regularly push them out of the way.

meatsupreme
    Free Member

I’ve done the same Supernova, someone then told me that the Forestry had done it to prevent riders getting in the way while they were working in the area with the intention to remove it later. I have come across deliberately placed broken glass up the Pludds too.

stevextc
    Free Member

It’s these type of people that are stirring up the anti-bike issues that are leading to the assault and traps this thread is about. It needs to be sorted out quickly, the locals on here will know more than I do.

It’s not only FOD though…it seems like increasing reports from many places.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Mind this is not new to the Forest Of Dean years back a weird group came out of London had this meeting saying ban everything in the Forest got some locals interested this was horses/bikes/sheep no fences and then some nutters started with the planks with nails in and digging man/women traps and covering them sticks a mate of mine who lived at Parkend went down one of these holes ending up having 10 stiches in this chin that was in the late 90s crazy.

dannyh
    Free Member

Well, the way thing are at the moment (working crazy hours from home, temporarypay cut, kids in and out all the time) I crave my riding time for a bit of peace and fun.

If I catch anyone trapping they may get a shoe-ing.

mattsccm
    Free Member

post removed.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Reluctant. Most of the locals I know want those damn pigs gone.Happy to send most of the incomers as well to keep a balance. Nice to look at in small doses but better in the freezer when they take a grazing field out of commission for a year year. And the piggies.

mattsccm
    Free Member

post removed

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Let me guess…….. white, old and owns a dog.

MrTricky
    Free Member

My thoughts, on reading the original post, dementia. Have experienced this type of irrational response with my Dad and it’s tough to deal with and very sad. It has changed the way I view other people’s behaviour completely.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Woman assaulted in FoD this evening’ is closed to new replies.