Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Wolftooth Componets – Tax/Duty etc
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has anybody ordered one of their rings at all? what sort of charge did you get from customs if any?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Mine came straight through, can be a lottery I think fepending how busy custom are? Full value was declared on mine.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what sort of price/cost would it be on the full value if i was to get stung? ie worst case scenario? just wondering whether to go down the WT route or if its going to work out silly expensive just get another RF one or a works one

the wolftooth does look like it would have even better longevity/retaining powers than the rest though

Yetiman
    Free Member

£17.50 for me. £6 of that was a Post Office handling charge, the rest VAT and Duty.

The P.O chap told me that they’re fairly cracking down on small packages from outside the EU. Last year he was lucky if he dealt with 6 parcels per month but this year it’s more like 6 per week. Times must be hard at the Inland Revenue.

majorspaniel

Yeah £17.50 for me aswell, really nice piece of kit tho, havnt dropped at chain since using it with a zee mech riding coed y brenin, llandegla and the Clwyds on a hardtail

crankrider
    Free Member

Yeah £17.50 for me aswell,

Unless you are buying from WT because Raceface or Works don’t have the model you need, paying that ontop of delivery and the higher price of the WT ring does not make sense.

I could buy 2 Works rings or 1.5 Raceface rings for the cost of a WT.

Plus – there is no reports on longevity or performance yet as none of them have been out for long enough – You would be going off how the ring looks which may not work out?

Why import from the USA when you can buy from Wiggle etc or directly from Works? Edit – Goldtec have one available now too, but theirs is a bit funky looking…. UK again though – keep that money in the country!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

No charge on my chainring, but got a bashring on order so we’ll see if I get stung with that. There was nothing on the jiffy bag so i’m not sure how these things get noticed as they work their way through the system.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmmm thats fairly heft isn’t it £16.50, makes it really quite expensive

im not desperate for one, ive just got some paypal money and ill probably order one soon as no doubt when i do come to need one they will be out of stock

ive not dropped the chain with the RF one yet either so im not saying its a bad ring, i just fancied trying one of the others too, but if its too much money then its a no brainer really

EDIT : so how much does it work out at in total with customs/handling/chainring?

the RF one is £45 and the Works one are never in stock lol

crankrider
    Free Member

the RF one is £45 and the Works one are never in stock lol

Someone is knocking the RF ones out for £40 I think… and yes Works don’t ever seem to have any unless you want to get into pre-ordering and waiting…..

Give the RF one a chance though – if its not broken don’t fix it!

Yetiman
    Free Member

I wanted a 30t ring which is why I went with Wolf Tooth. Works Components have a 30t in the offing, but Rick told me a couple of weeks ago that they were being put on the back burner while he dealt with current product orders. I would’ve preferred to buy from Works as they’re British, and cheaper, but needs must. I’m pretty chuffed with the WT ring though.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got a 30T RaceFace one on order and can’t wait to give it a try 🙂

adsh
    Free Member

Having allways had to pay duty (which is on the carriage too) plus fee for PO to pay it up front plus the VAT I elevted to get my 88bcd M985 30t from dulight in France. I paid £7 more than if I had been stung for the duty from US but they had stock, communicated well and post tracked. Took 4 days from order and I’d rather pay a bike shop (even a French one) than customs.

singlespeedstu

Paid nowt on one and then £27 on two that were delivered together.

If anyone else was to have a 30t in stock cheaper i’d have got it off them.

It’s fine saying so and so make one for x amount less than Wolftooth but it’s not much use if you can’t actualy buy them. 🙄

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers folks – id only be ordering 1 so hopefully wouldnt get stung

stu – exactly my thinking, when my RF one does come to an end/worn out i can see it being a problem getting one for ASAP as stock seems stupidly low everywhere

if i order the WT one now at least i will have it sat here ready to go, so price (as long as it isnt double the price) isnt to much of an issue

so can somebody tell me what price roughly inc all the charges it would be for just one please? are we talking 45 quid ish all in for all charges and ring delivered?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Buy some stock because SRAM may throw its toys out the pram about other people producing NW chainrings.

BTW my Wolf chainring is ace!

stevied
    Free Member

If some people have paid £17 in taxes etc you’ll be looking at around:
    30T = £65
    32T = £62

Not overly cheap but if you do slip through the customs net they are a good price. RF 30T is £45-50 but no tax/shipping on that.

twistedpencil

How are people finding the Raceface rings? Trying to source a chainring quickly as I’ve just received a frame without the ISCG mounting that I was expecting, either forcing me into wait for weeks to resolve the frame issue or jump into chain device free riding now. I see wiggle have stock of the rf 32t. Thinking of getting one of these and then waiting for Works Components to make some of the 30t spider less rings.

Clutching at straws so I can ride the new bike ASAP, well at least this summer 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

Another £17.50 here. No other choice for a SRAM spiderless 30T.

mcnultycop

Are the Race Face 30t in stock anywhere?

twistedpencil

Not spotted any yet. LBS have told me they’ve ordered some but won’t be getting any for a while yet.

stevied
    Free Member

Are the Race Face 30t in stock anywhere?

Silverfish (RF distributors) have loads of the RF rings due in any time now. I’ve got one on order with them direct so, hopefully, be getting one before they go out to the shops..

stevied
    Free Member

No 30T tho ADP79

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Got stung for £14 for my bash guard, so looks like I was lucky with my chainring. My chainring came in a jiffy bag with just a plain label with my address on, wheras the bashguard came with a more formal looking label with bar codes on and details of the description and value of the product printed on it, so I guess it must depend upon if a jobsworth who asks the right questions is on the PO counter when he sends things. Makes the bashguard expensive for what it is, but the chainring was OK value – its still going strong by the way.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Wolftooth Componets – Tax/Duty etc’ is closed to new replies.