Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Wolfpack Mtb Tyres
  • wheelie

Has anyone seen these, used them or know anyone that has?
    https://www.wolfpacktyres.co.uk/product-category/mountain-bike/

wheelie

Anyone?

matt_outandabout

They look ok.

But why would I buy over established brands when they are the same cost?

honourablegeorge

They were on sale for a bit at bike-components.de for a bit, but they seem to have dropped them.

filks

Aren’t Cotic giving them as an option on full builds?

matt_outandabout

The UK website is broken 🙁

qwerty
    Free Member

https://kidsracing.co.uk/search?q=Wolfpack

I’ve just ordered a Speed & Cross in 29×2.4 I’ll see how they look once on the rim for winter and may go back for another Cross or a Trail.

£40 ain’t bad and they actually have them in stock!

Pretty light, my above combo comes in at 1330g.

FOG

I bought one from the UK website which I really liked. When I needed another tyre the website seemed defunct. I shall try the above link and hope they have the size I want. The euro website seems to be up and running but I don’t want to get into a waiting for ages situation

simono5

https://www.cotic.co.uk/news/2021/wolfpack-tyres-cotic

I’m using them on two bikes. Both running tubeless, no complaints.

Got my first set from the Wolfpack webstite but as reported, doesn’t seem to be working at the moment. Got my last pair from BikeInn a few weeks ago.

Seem light, fast but not expecting to be brilliant through winter.

davros

Edit. This is the right one

ahsat

Any update from people using these during the winter? My Barzo’s have thrown me off twice in the last week on mud/wet rock. Looking for something “downcountry” for my Sherpa that still rolls but with grip, so was looking at a trail/cross combo.

@qwerty
    did they arrive ok from that website?

qwerty
    Free Member

@ahsat yea arrived fine, it’s a legit shop.

The Cross & Speed were great in the dry, I’ve just ordered a Trail & Cross to see me through winter. There’s also an Enduro tyre if you want something more aggressive.

Maybe a Trail & Trail would be beefier than a pair of Barzos.

matt_outandabout

My Barzo’s have thrown me off twice in the last week on mud/wet rock.

My Barzo’s and Goma’s both do that. I think it is a compound thing – I find them good generally, but damp rock seems to cause issues. They good, but not brilliant, tyres.

FOG

I have a Barzo on the front and a Wolfpack on the back and I have to say I like the Wolfpack better and only bought the Barzo because I couldn’t get another Wolfpack the correct size.

chrismac

Apparently they are designed by the chap who designed tyres for Schwalbe and invented Continentals Black Chilli compound before setting up on his own. A friend has some and they seem to cope remarkably well in the Peak district rock and slop despite not having an aggressive tread pattern

ahsat

Thanks all. Decided on double trail (can still run a Barzo at the back if needed).

adamo

I was very impressed by the pair of Wolfpack Speed I bought back in the spring to make joining a roadie bikepacking trip on my trail bike less painful. Very fast and light, but were surprisingly grippy in the (dry) woods too – I ended up leaving them on until the real mud arrived in the autumn. Absolutely perfect for my summer of mainly family rides on dry trails, but handled ‘messing about in the woods’ duties too until it got really sloppy.

mccraque

what are they like from a durability perspective?

bjhedley

Thanks all. Decided on double trail (can still run a Barzo at the back if needed).

How did you get on with these? Considering a trail/cross or double cross combo on some XC rims to lighten up the Sherpa for puffer/long days and reduce drag on fireroads. Don’t want to die in the wet however!

mildred

I got a set of 29×2.4 trail & cross on my Orange Stage Evo & I was very impressed, so much so that I bought another set in 2.6 width for my Deviate. They’re brilliant tyres; very grippy compound yet seem to wear reasonably well. My 2.4 have over 12 months of all conditions use, including a daily tarmac commute, & the rear is just looking ready for replacement.

I also bought some 29×2.6 enduros for the Megavalanche, and although they come up more like a 2.4 width they were amazing in every condition Alpe D’Huez threw at me. I would go as far as to say they were better than a set of Minions I had, which up until then had been my favourite heavy duty tyre.

FOG

Who stocks them now? I posted above about using a Barzo because I couldn’t get a Wolfpack but I was able to get a front from Kids Racing and ditch the Barzo. However the back is wearing out and I would like another. They have been excellent tyres and Ild like to carry on with them 

FOG

Cancel that! I have just seen Kids Racing still stock them but not in every size

cy

We (Cotic) stock the Trail, Cross and Speed in 29 x2.4 and are happy to sell them separately if you want to drop us a line. 

Paul is a big fan of the Trail/Cross combo. I prefer meatier treads for wet conditions, but I am very partial to the Race and Speed tyres for stupid-grin-fast dry summer conditions. 

clubby

Really liking the trail/cross combo as my XC set up. Feels a lot faster than the Assegai/DHR2 I normally run. Surprisgly grippy as well considering how they look. 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.