Woburn trails:What am I missing out?

Home Forum Bike Forum Woburn trails:What am I missing out?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Woburn trails:What am I missing out?
  • Bagstard

Usually I do a loop of the Longslade trail, then go down the road and ride the tin shed trails, finishing up around roller coaster. Where else should I be looking? Is there much to ride near Bobs drop area?

Did my first outing on the Longsdale trail last weekend. My 1st trail riding since I was a kid a long time ago. I was thinking of bringing my boys aged 8 and 9 but too steep in places for me and so no chance for them. I would be interested in an easier trail, with less tree stumps.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

I can get 20k or so doing the lonslade trail and the church/Tin shed side, not masses more, can head over rushmere but there’s not much there that I’ve found (some new jumps tho) and I’ve not found a satisfying linking route over there.

Crotchrocket is yer man of hes still on here

Bagstard

Not been to Rushmere, so will have a nose over there. Time to dig out the lights!

Bagstard

craigbroadbent, there isn’t too much steep there, you just need to embrace it!

Trimix

You are probably missing out on lots. You just have to explore it. Each time I go I find more by exploring. No good asking for directions as they will just be “left at the tree” sort.

Small but good stuff is easily hidden / missed. Figure out which bits you haven’t ridden in and go and ride those bits. Its such a small area you wont be lost for long.

Ride about randomly and you will find stuff, some call it exploring, others call it being lost.

Bagstard

I know what you mean Trimix, that is my usual method, I’m just very time poor these days, even more so with the nights drawing in.

maxtorque

I’m trying to think of any steep bits on the official trails? There’s a (option) little bank to drop off at the bottom of Empire, but that’s actually not on the official trail, which turns off left in front of it. Everything is rollable.

If you can’t get down some of the “steeps” get off for a look, drop your saddle, session a few of the less steep bits first to get your eye in! Start small, and work up 😉

(there’s some reasonable drops and steeps hidden off in the cheekier corners of the woods that would be classed as a black run at most trail centers, but not much that would make it to double black (with the exception of the really big features in the jumps bowl)

tymbian

Anyone fancy a meet-up?
    I did the full official trail last Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lovely sunny day. Then headed over to tin hut etc.. i know a few trails but willing to share a few and learn a few..

Premier Icon Bullet
    Subscriber

What’s the trail called that runs parallel to the road through the gorse bushes (the fullers earth side)? Was shown it last winter for the first time and was a blast.

That’ll be The Thorn Trail On Aspley side. There are two or three more trails on that side, probably more that need re-establishing actually.

To the OP, you’ll have missed loads. Church side around to Back Wood and out toward the A5, so beyond the Shed Trail area, there are loads, you gotta explore. Some are more effort than reward of course. Some are very steep so be very careful if you go solo.

Near Bobs Drop there are a couple too and along from there and out to Woburn sands along from the Moat there are a couple. There is also a loop you can do that goes out toward Eversholt. Rushmere has about half a dozen official lines, though Matt Jones had been doing a red bull edit so a couple are out of action. But there are loads of unofficial lines in across two or three woods in that park – another to explore.

My email is paulneenan76@hotmail.com and you’re welcome to email for meet up.

There was a great steep trail with tones of roots and a massive rut at the bottom. But I don’t ride locally so I don’t know which wood it is. All I can say that it was DJ side and it was pretty boggy at the bottom and some logging has been happening.
    Also there are some steep trails near the DJ mainline roll in.
    And on the tin shed side there is a small pine tree plantation with young trees, found endless tracks in there and a really steep bank into them.

Edit: did some research and the first one I was describing is Bobs Drop 😯

Bagstard

Thanks all, I would be interested in a meet up, weekday night ride could be good too!

I ride with a couple of groups. Next one is the coming Wednesday. Feel free to inbox me.

Bagstard

Thanks Paul, I will check if I’m free and get back to you.

maxtorque

I’d be up for a bit of a jaunt around the ‘burn. Been off the bike for a few months due to work and family stuff, so will be crap slow on the ups 😉

@maxtorque I’m crap on the up bits and the down bits 😉

oldnpastit

Trail down towards the tin hut has been somewhat tidied up by a guy with a great big tractor thing.

Bagstard
    sturdylad

Heard about this yesterday….
    Shame but sure something else will appear to take its place before long

deano8

Hi there, do you know which trails have gone?

Buggeration. Hopefully the end of shed and lower sections after she’s remain. I’ll be out tomorrow as I’m on leave and will report back.

Bummer.

oldnpastit

We saw the guy with the tractor on the trail heading down towards the tin hut, but only the first section before the fire road. The bit after that seemed fine.

He was also busy on the next hill along (south east from there).

Christ knows what little I’m going to find left after tomorrow

oldnpastit

Any news on whether there’s anything left?

Had hoped to get up there when it snowed but Work got in the way Monday after being busy on Sunday, unfortunately. I’ve not seen anything on the Facebook channels either

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.