Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Woburn – conditions / logging ?
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Can any locals let me know how Woburn is at the moment ?

I know the Red route is there, but what’s the current situation as far as the pixie stuff over in the back woods etc. and all the logging that I’ve read about.

I used to spend a good couple of hours riding all the cheeky pixie built stuff round there. But hear that may be cut short at the moment.

Also, how is it coping with the recent wet weather.

Cheers

kimbers

I havent been for 2 weeks

the red route is quite boggy in places, its been seeing extra use coz the backwoods are closed, I rode it on a subzero night ride and it was frozen solid which was nice though
    there is a bit of a diversion due to logging on the red trail though

I believe the jump park is now closed too

The best trails on the backwoods side are all gone there are still a few trails left but at least 50% are no more

sad times

Trimix
    Free Member

Bummer – cheers for the update.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Kimbers is spot on, however, you can cross the road and hit a few trails on the Apsley side. Also, there are a number of lines off the hill from the church and back toward the impossible hill (where all the felling starts), some of which are pretty steep, plus the old favourites like roller coaster and Hogans Run. Additionally, ride out past the golf club and over the A5 into Rushmere – loads to explore there both official and “pixie” as you call it.

komainu
    Free Member

As mentioned, red route rides well despite being pretty rutted. Bikepark is open again, the felling hasn’t been too bad there – most lines are still rideable.
    There’s some fun new trails popping up in the back woods if you can find them, tempted to do some building there this weekend. Connecting fire roads can be pretty trecherous due to gargantuan tractor ruts.

kimbers

Connecting fire roads can be pretty trecherous due to gargantuan tractor ruts.

indeed there are some WWI style trenches out there!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Komainu, not sure why you think it’s open again? Clearly closed and taped off. The felling has finished but the work to remove the logs is ongoing over the next few weeks. Hopefully all done and dusted soon.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Went Sunday and the run to ‘Tin Shack’ has benn reinstated and the two ‘Mad Dogs’ from the top of the gully climb are still good but only half way. Bridge too far still open and good fun but access via concrete blocks was a crawl through the mud from the gate by the road to the start. Lots of logs stacked here as well so lots of activity. So muddy we are off to Swinley this Sunday!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Shed Trail/Welsh Shred, good to know that’s back. Oldie but a goody.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Woburn – conditions / logging ?’ is closed to new replies.