Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • WMA to Mp3 converters… any recommendations?
  • slackalice
    Free Member

As title please hivemind, trying to move my music library from PC to Mac and quite a bit of it is WMA.

The advice I’ve received so far is to perform this conversion on the PC, then into iTunes and then migrate over to the spangly new iMac.

If that is not the most appropriate (apart from the ‘don’t go Mac spoilers – too late, I have), please do offer your suggestion. Thank you.

Also…. I have got the 2TB Time Capsule doo-dah, how can I specify that location for my music migration?

Thanking you in advance

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Try filehippo and see if there is any freeware available.

slackalice
    Free Member

Thank you!

Currently giving EZ CD converter a go. Seems reasonably quick, simultaneous conversions and free 30-day trial with no obligation.

I’ll tootle over to filehippo and have a look.

4ags4
    Free Member

Have found XLD to be ok

CountZero

Slackalice, just set up a folder on the Time Capsule, and when you’re asked for a destination for your Library, select that folder.

slackalice
    Free Member

CountZ, I’ll give that a go, thanks. I’ve found nothing on the Apple support pages re setting a target destination using Migration Assistant.

4ags4 – Thanks chap. At the mo the EZ is going well. Have trialled the first 8 albums on my list and all seem good, so me thinks it’s time to do a ctrl A and go to bed.

gmex619
    Free Member

None of you have just tried iTunes?

I used too have all mu music in wma files. Installed iTunes and it converted all of them to mp3 and it worked fine. Even transferred to my old macbook pro as wma files and it converted them.

slackalice
    Free Member

Hi gmex, interestingly, it was suggested by the bods at the Apple store to avoid converting with iTunes as it can throw a few errors from time to time and in some cases corrupt the library… Also to do the converting whilst files are still on the PC.

The EZ CD converter has been rattling through the library all night and has now finished, just mopping up the few errant wma’s stored elsewhere and am just about to hit Migration Assistant.

Still not sure where they are all going to end up though..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘WMA to Mp3 converters… any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.