Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • With all talk of the perfect storms ..
  • nasher
    Free Member

Bad idea to take the calais – dover ferry thursday this week?

glenh
    Free Member
    singletrackmind

or for a more user friendly based prediction , with numbers.

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=96593

Bumpy .- Yes
    People puking .- Yes
    Delays .- Yes

Out on deck . . .fooking brilliant if you like extreame weather and crashing seas

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Have you ever taken a cross channel ferry in windy weather? We went once at Easter, it wasn’t even particularly windy and the place was like that scene from The Meaning of Life – in the case of the bogs I am seriously not joking. Being a boat there was a lip under the door of course so the entire floor was covered in puke to a depth of a few inches which slopped this way and that as the boat rolled. Matched by the puke in all the blocked sinks. Puke EVERYWHERE – on deck, on the floor in the lounges, everywhere.

pedlad

Dover calais will be fine. I believe the phrase is mtfu 😉

I once went on the Santander to Plymouth ferry with a big storm going on in the bay of biscay and they asked us not to go on deck as there was a risk of waves washing over ! Decks of ferries are what, 45 ft above normal sea level.

Northwind

molgrips – Member

We went once at Easter, it wasn’t even particularly windy and the place was like that scene from The Meaning of Life –

You got boarded by the Crimson Permanent Insurance?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phah, if they’re running you’ll be fine, if there’re not you’ll not be going anywhere sharpish.. Tried EuroStar/Chunnel..?

Most ferries are F11 rated, if it’s that then they’ll send the cargo ferries so long as it isn’t X-On..

Food might just be free if it’s bumpy..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘With all talk of the perfect storms ..’ is closed to new replies.