Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Witcher (Netflix)
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Initially first few mins, shit. Have to say this is possibly a GOT equal. I had no concept of Witcher, didn’t know about the books or games but after the last episode of season 1 I Googled it. Have ordered the books to read through the dark months, and I even feel inclined to buy the game. I don’t game, we have a PS4 for the nippers but I don’t even know how to turn it on.

If you like The Spooks Apprentice, GOT, LOTR, you’re in!

It’s good people.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Bang average in my opinion..watched all of season one as the missus really enjoyed it ..when I say watched ..I was in the room but must have snoozed through a good bit of each episode..

plus-one

Awful tv 🙁

lambchop
    Free Member

Depends what you define as average?

hodgynd
    Free Member

My definition : not very good / boring.
    That’s just my definition though .
    If you enjoyed it..great..

Klunk
    Free Member

it was pretty rubbish. Had to laugh at the crucial gate that defended the north. looked like it was made from old palettes 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

I have watched all, started when I was getting drunk, hated it as generic fantasy, carried on wAtching when sober and enjoyed it more. Henry Cavill performance and Yen’s, far better when not trying to be GoT, far to many different directors and styles which lead to some awful moments and too much unnecessary nudity, does it help the story plot or character development…

I would watch the second series but more monster killing more drinking potion’s and the witchers mutation.

Do not expect mindhunters and you will be ok

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it – read the books and played a bit of the games.

They don’t handle the different time periods well though – can see it would be confusing if you didn’t know the stories.

funkmasterp

Not a patch on the games. Some of the best story driven RPG’s going in my opinion.

doomanic

The timeline was a mess but once I worked out when was going on it was very good. Looking forward to season two.

piemonster

I found it be be both a bit crap yet Quite enjoyable.

ton

watched it in 2 days. liked it. easy watching.

hatter

The games are incredible, Wild Hunt is probably my ‘best ever’game.

I enjoyed it, was surprisingly taken by Cavill as Geralt, the fight scenes with him were genuinely impressive

There is definitely some cheese to be had there but as has been said, if you want chin-stroking intellectualism you’re probably better off elsewhere.

Yeah, the timelines jumping about took a bit of getting used to.

It was one of the top 5 shows on Nerflix in 2019 (bigger than Stanger Things or the Crown) so season 2 is pretty much a given.

stumpyjon

It’s not Got and the time lines jumping was a pain, but quite enjoyed it. Will watch season 2.

Drac

It’s not too bad I’m only episode 2 and heard it picks up.

so season 2 is pretty much a given.

Already confirmed.

hols2
    Free Member

It’s immensely enjoyable if you just assume it was written as self-parody. Gerald is unfulfilled in his work slaying monsters. He tries shagging hot babes, has a bath, but then knuckles down and accepts his responsibilities. Piglet seeks her true self – she seeks power and beauty, but is unfulfilled. She shags the boss, but that doesn’t do it. Then she realizes that all along she just wanted a baby to cuddle. The princess loses her world of privilege, discovers that friends are what really matters, gets frightened and screams and screams and screams.

The silliness peaks at ep 3, which is mindblowingly silly. After that, it settles down a bit. By the end, the general story starts to make sense. It ends with a nice big hug.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2020/01/the-witcher-is-absurd-thats-why-its-brilliant/604297/

FuzzyWuzzy

It’s not Got and the time lines jumping was a pain, but quite enjoyed it. Will watch season 2.

My thoughts exactly. It could easily have been terrible but wasn’t but GoT also raised our expectations of this sort of thing. It’s a pity they felt they had to cram so much of the story in to the first season, which led to the mess of time jumping and some characters not being very well developed – I’d have thought one of GoT’s legacies would have been networks being more willing to allow a slow burner multi-series fantasy fully commissioned from the start but I guess not. The final episode of s1 was a bit of a let down to, the usual crap of baddies kicking ass until the main goodie does one thing which totally changes everything /yawn.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Witcher (Netflix)’ is closed to new replies.