Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wisdom teeth removal – the wife's …
  • stox
    Free Member

The Mrs is going into hospital on Friday to have her bottom wisdom teeth taken out under general anaesthetic.
    they are caught under the jaw bone so can’t come up and give her a lot of bother.

She goes under at midday.

is she likely to be in a fit enough state to go for her hair appointment at 11am on Saturday?!

bruneep

Be fine with these…

poly
    Free Member

I was fine <24hrs after mine (although not eating normally). Other people I know where badly bruised and swollen faced etc.

ratherbeintobago

Yes. Mustn’t cook, drive or operate machinery for 24h post-GA though as judgement may be impaired. Also might be quite swollen/sore so may not feel like it…

Andy FRCA

DickBarton

Removing your wife’s wisdom teeth…surely it’ll be the trusted MoleGrips for that job?

andyl
    Free Member

I would say no, but pretty much every time I have had a GA I have been quite ill and when I had all 4 wisdom teeth out that was then combined with being allergic to the antibiotics they gave me.

Obviously you would have to take her and sit there with a cup of tea reading a copy of Singletrack so all the hairdressers can see you are a fit mountainbiker 😉

freeagent
    Free Member

I’d say not…. having had mine out under GA, and feeling like crap the next day.

nicko74

Also might be quite swollen/sore so may not feel like it…

😯

JoeG
    Free Member

My experience, as conveyed on another thread:

Had mine out over 20 years ago. All 4 removed at once under general anesthetic, 2 were impacted IIRC.

I was probably the most miserable that I have ever been afterward. Swelling was terrible; so swollen that my jaw couldn’t be in its “normal” rest position, so the muscles ached. The stitches in my mouth felt like they were made of heavy rope. They were so annoying that I removed them myself the next day with needle nosed pliers! (Yes, I’m a model patient). That did not make my mom real happy; she called the dental surgeon in a real panic! But, I survived. I had bruising on my neck for at least 3 weeks afterward.

Glad its only a one time thing!!!

MrOvershoot

Had both my lower ones out at the dentist at 9:00am with only local jabs back in work @ 9:45am load of cotton wool wadding but bleeding stopped by 11:00am.

He did say “your a big bloke & I’m not likely to snap your neck pulling them out”

Have to say they looked like tusks as they passed through my vision after extraction!

easygirl

Get a poker and a slipper, that’s how my old man used to take our teeth out when we were kids
    I’m a northerner like, so may not be possible if you are southern 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wisdom teeth removal – the wife's …’ is closed to new replies.