Wisdom teeth out tomorrow – a bit worried

Home Forum Chat Forum Wisdom teeth out tomorrow – a bit worried

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Wisdom teeth out tomorrow – a bit worried
  • Pieface

I didn't really ask, but they didn't offer either.

ebygomm

I had a choice – two at a time at the dentist on local or all four in the hospital on general. No brainer for me

First consultant I saw wanted to knock me out for it, so went to see another instead who agreed there was no point having the risk of a general if not required. I think they're more gentle when you're awake 🙂

Excelent! Well done.
    Now just chill…. I found it was a wonderful feeling after sorting out my recent molar. Nothing to worry about, nothing omninous 'looming on the horizon…'
    Well plaid that man
    Q

PJ266

Went to the dentist yesterday and he said that Id probably want my upper left wisdom tooth out at some point. Bit worried but theres no way I'd get a general anaesthetic for it. Too risky.

TN

Pieface – glad you survived and everything went well. 🙂

Pieface

Its definitely the apprehension thats the worst, then the advice to avoid hot food, drinks and alcohol for 24 hrs.

Tried eating some grapes earlier, despite no pain i didn't want to chew anything as I wanted to keep the clots intact.

I've eaten too much soup and yoghurt today. Looking forward to mushy weetabix tomorrow. Not looking forward to brushing my teeth.

I know what you mean. I couldn't face brushing my teeth for a few days just in case I accidentally brushed the healing gum. Then only minced around it. i think it was a week before i brushed properly.
    You'll feel better tomorrow after some food and getting back into a normal routine. Also don't forget – you're pretty drained now after all that apprehension and adrenaline rush of the event.
    Just relax, you'll be fine!
    cheers
    Q

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Wisdom teeth out tomorrow – a bit worried’ is closed to new replies.