• This topic has 32 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by TiRed.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Wireless keyboard & mouse recommendations?
  • welshfarmer

I have been using a cheap Logitech K270now for about 8 years and am on my second one (so 4 years each!). But now it is about fecked. Getting sticky, very unresponsive at times, and just really cheap and plasticky. But they do cost under £30. So is there anything out there any better. Don’t mind paying a bit more,maybe up to £100 but not much more! Don’t need many feature, just want a quality feel and nice action. Plus longevity.

Anything to recommend?

yetidave
    Free Member

Using a logitech K270 for the last 4 years. Cheap, reliable and appear to deal with the rigours of living in a bag, hotels, construction sites, working in the car etc. What’s not to want?

mert
    Free Member

I went from K270 to K800 when lockdown kicked off.
    Feels a lot better and haven’t had a single complaint about it, think i paid about £60-70 with a mouse (that’s still in it’s box, as i use a trackball).

sturdylad
    Free Member

Used a Logitech MK540 for the last few years at work, it’s really nice. Much better than the K270 we’ve just been given as part of the new companies IT package.

MK540 is £45 on Amazon.

leffeboy

Logitech MK540 is nice.  Any of the logitech’s are good though as if you lose the dongle you can just buy another unifying one.  It’s a pita to bin a mouse/keyboard when you lose a dongle 🙁

grahamt1980

I use a 570 now as i found i much prefer the trackball style mouse.
    Get the unifying software for the logitech dongle and you can pair different items

mert
    Free Member

It’s a pita to bin a mouse/keyboard when you lose a dongle 🙁

I must be getting yours then, i have more dongles than devices…

Cougar

Watching with interest, I need one for my work laptop. Work supplied me with one and it was so shit I sent in back.

The Logitech 540 looked alright but I wasn’t enamoured with the flat-looking profile of the keys. I’m currently eyeing up a Cherry set, but it’s a ropy-looking listing and only 7 reviews.

Murray

Logitech MX Keys is very, very nice. Wait for a price drop on Amazon

MX Master 3 mouse is also great, I hate using normal ones now.

Coyote
    Free Member

Just got a Jelly Comb set up off Amazon. Very pleased so far.

Kryton57

Logitech k380 here and find it excellent.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I got a Logitech K545 and an M510 mouse set from Currys at the start of lockdown. Feels nice to use to me.

walowiz

Depends on what you need. Had any number of Logitech wireless combos over the years.

Switched last year to a Dell Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard and Mouse – KM7120W, as I wanted the multi device support.

Whilst the Dell isn’t the best keyboard I’ve ever used – but it is pretty good, the ease of having two laptops and the iPad connected to a single keyboard / mouse combo is absolutely brilliant.

labsey
    Free Member

Just got a Jelly Comb set up off Amazon. Very pleased so far.

I use them daily and maybe recharge them once a month. The keyboard has a nice feel to it when typing too.

dickster
    Free Member

Another vote for the MX Series. Both the mouse and keyboard are ace and can connect to multiple machines. A little over your budget but they do appear discounted.
    Hope that helps

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have used the K270 for years, my mouse is an M705, its nice and ergonomic

tonyd

MX Keys and MX Master here, two years of daily use and still feel new. Highly recommend, but over budget for keyboard and mouse.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’ve been quite impressed with the Cherry Stream wireless setup I got a couple of months ago.

https://www.cherry.co.uk/cherry-stream-desktop.html

TiRed

K380 and pebble mouse (both BT), plus a Triathlon mouse via the dongle and BT. Can use three devices from the same mouse/keyboard combination. Logitech now make a few more multi-mice. I’m on my second keyboard in about six years. The mouse and keyboard travel with me with a small laptop stand.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Logitec K850 comes with 3 dongles and buttons on the keyboard and mouse so you can use the same keyboard and mouse and switch which computer they are controlling.

Very useful when you have multiple laptops and limited desk space

Sandwich

Microsoft at whatever level fits your budget. Main computer here is using a top of the range desktop set from 10 to 15 years ago. The mouse is a bit polished on the thumb rest and it uses a big receiver attached by cable to the PC.

ElShalimo

Does anyone use a Microsoft Comfort 5050 keyboard & mouse set?

gecko76

Does anyone use a Microsoft Comfort 5050 keyboard & mouse set?

Picked up off Gumtree recently and it’s taking a bit of getting used to with the funny shaped keys but works fine.

ElShalimo

thanks

Dell Professional (or something) that needs a clean

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/8222rc]2022-05-16_06-09-11[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

mattyfez

Dell/logitec/microsoft are always a solid choice, just pick one according to your budget and what suits you.

FuzzyWuzzy

I always use wired keyboards so can’t suggest a model but make sure you go with mechanical keys, decide what type of key you want (how much feedback/resistance and noise etc.) and select the appropriate Cherry key type, if you don’t use the number pad then go with a TKL option oh and make sure you get a UK keyboard, it’s easy to accidentally end up with a US layout if customising options on Amazon etc.

desperatebicycle

I really like the Veho ones SportPursuit (sport? IKR!) have on sale. I bought one for wfh, liked it so much, bought another for my home pc. Mouse might be a bit low profile if you’re an intense user, but I like that it charges off usb and battery lasts for ages. AA battery ones are useless!
    (just checked, still have them at £30 (+p&p)

toby1

I’m an MS scuplt fan keyboard and mouse, not for everyone, but I’ve been an ‘ergo’ keyboard user for years now and just find them better than flat. This current model does have one key that doesn’t snap into place as well and I often trip over it while dragging fingers around a keyboard.

ElShalimo

I read that you have to persevere with the ergo keyboards for 3-4 months to get used to them.

Do you think that’s true?

Cougar

I had one for a while. I got used to it pretty quickly, the only real issue I had was presumably because I’m left handed, I’d reach for the central keys with the ‘wrong’ hand and hit a lump of plastic where I thought the Y should be.

Also, far better suited for actually typing; less so for people like me who spend as much time on ctrl-shift-alt keystrokes as actual letters.

TiRed

make sure you go with mechanical keys

Love mine, but not suited to “multitasking” in MS Teams meetings without judicious use of the mute button – which you WILL forget. Now back to the K380, which is silent by comparison!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.