Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • wireless interweb router box thing…
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

i needed to fiddle with some electrical wiring in my house, so i turned off the juice at the fusebox.

when i turned it back on, everything fired up, except my echolife (huwaei) hg520s wireless router.

is this normal? how do i fix it? the box turns on, all the lights flash on and off for a bit, then settle down. i can 'see' the router when i type in teh ip address into firefox, but can't get into it because i don't know the username and password (could have sworn they were admin + admin).

er, help?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You shouldn't need to do anything – passwords wouldn't be reset after losing power.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

It often takes a short while (couple of mins) for routers to resync their ADSL connection, is that what you mean is/was still outstanding?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dobo
    Free Member

what fanylion said
    also a quick google reveals admin admin is the default details, so if it dont work then i'd have to assume you or someone else changed them.

assume you tried it with a network cable too?
    otherwise you will need to do a hard reset, dont know that router but might be a reset button to default all settings back so admin admin works (check the manual)

obviously then will have to set it all up again..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It often takes a short while (couple of mins) for routers to resync their ADSL connection, is that what you mean is/was still outstanding?

Is a very good point

otherwise you will need to do a hard reset, dont know that router but might be a reset button to default all settings back so admin admin works (check the manual)

Is also a good point

uplink
    Free Member

It's worth switching everything off, PCs etc. & then hard resetting the router
    Give it 5 mins before switching the PCs back on

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘wireless interweb router box thing…’ is closed to new replies.