Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wireless Headsets – Lync / Skype / CUCI
  • brassneck

Anyone recommend something comfy, rechargeable and that doesn’t make you sound like you’re on top of the Ventoux? If it’s Bluetooth(LE) and will pair with a mobile as well as the office ‘dock’ then so much the better.
    Personally prefer stereo and lightweight, but not essential.

Price not too much of an issue as I’m not paying 😉 but that cuts both ways, can’t be silly expensive.

simon_g

Jabra Pro 9465 Duo ticks those boxes (except cheap – they’re about £250).

DECT for base to headset (which is much better than BT for that), but can pair a mobile to the base over BT and pick up calls on headset. Plantronics Savi W720 is similar, at similar cost too.

Sennheiser DW Pro2 is another nice option but much the same price and no BT.

Logitech Dual H820e is also nice, and a bit cheaper – although still around the £150ish mark.

If you can live with corded for PC, then the Plantronics Blackwire 700 are quite a bit cheaper. They pair with a phone over BT and you can detach the cable below the in-line control box thing and use them for mobile calls while you wander about.

mmannerr

I have used Jabra GO 6470 and Pro 9470 a lot during last 3 years and rate them highly. My 6470 started requiring recharging after 2 hours after 2 years of use, I changed to 9470 which lasts through the brain-eating full day telcos without charging (I don’t).

9470 has useless touchscreen dock while newer models have replaced that with simple 3 button dock and if you don’t need mobile phone connectivity you can use even cheaper 930 series. I don’t connect my mobile to it anymore, it is often useful to mute the mic on the Lync session and take other calls at the same time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brassneck

Cheers, good suggestions there. The Logitech was one I had down, and the bewildering array of Jabra options left me wanting just a model number 🙂

richardk
    Free Member

The only one up there that is stereo is the Plantronics Blackwire 720 (I believe). Corded to your PC, and pair your mobile to it for wireless calls and stereo films/music. It also switches automatically, so voice sounds like voice and music sounds like music. Damn good sounding for music off the PC and mobile.

All the DECT wireless based ones will be mono in both ears, not stereo.

mmannerr

I use wired hifi headphones for music in addition to Jabra headset, for me this is better combination than all in ones. If music would be priority I’d get wired closed Sennheisers with mic, can’t recall the model # but they fit comfortably and the sound was great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wireless Headsets – Lync / Skype / CUCI’ is closed to new replies.