Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Wireless earphones for mtb recommendations please 🚵🏼‍♂️
  • Ambrose

I’m after some mtb compatible (i.e, won’t fall out of my head by accident) wireless headphones. Does anyone have any real world experience or any other recommendations for me please.

Budget is approx. £40.00, but I will be passing through duty free in Lisbon Airport soon.

Ta in advance, Ambrose

jam-bo

I would say earshots, but they I ordered them in feb and they still haven’t turned up.

got some lemon yellow beats flex I don’t get on with I’d sell you cheap.

alwillis

In classic “recommend what you have trackworld” style- Bose sound sport.

Possibly over budget and not truly wireless, but secure in the ear, good sound and battery life, and the two side being connected together I like as if using one I tuck the other inside my jersey or under a bib strap.

jimmy748

I tried loads of cheap ones, then bought Power Beat Pros, which is what I should have bought in the first place.

Also, Airports, duty free or not are about the most expensive place in the world to buy anything, except cigarettes and booze.

I did have some JBL’s which were ok, but I found anything with a wire between the headphones has a battery on the wire which is heavier that the opposite side, so it always ends up pulled to one side and when I turned my head would pull the headphone out my ear.

Elbows

For riding, not sure about any in ear headphone plugs.
    Just got some shokz openrun, best compromise for me on sound and awareness of what’s around you.

timbo46
    Free Member

+1 powerbeats pro, Amazon warehouse deal @70€

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Obviously not quite the same use case but I found anything that didn’t have some over-ear fitting didn’t stay put on my turbo as soon as I got warm and the ones which hooked over my ear I found uncomfortable after a short while. I can’t say I’d expect them to fare any better on a mtb where bouncing around would shake them out if they didn’t have a hook and that would promptly be annoying owing to movement and the arms of my glasses. Fortunately I’ve never seen the desire to test either case.

That being said I seem to recall some in fgf a while back which clipped onto your ear, so would solve the fit and comfort issues maybe. Not sure what they were mind. (edit, ah they’d be those earshot things mentioned up there)

fatbrad
    Free Member

I’ve got some Aftershokz Titaniums and they’re great. The Shokz range isn’t expensive and because they’re bone conducting you can hear everything around you. Plus they don’t need to be stupidly loud. I use mine for commuting everyday. So get about 2.5 hours use a day. I have to charge them once a week.

lardman
    Free Member

I use Plantronics ‘backbeat’ phones when I’m off-road, as they’re very flexible and fit over the top of my ears. Don’t pull off at all. Battery is around 7hrs.

For road/other times I use Aftershokz bone condensers, as I can hear what else is going on.

reeksy

I’ve got both Backbeat and Aftershox. Better sound with Backbeat but I prefer not having things inside my ears, so really only use the others now.

jkomo

I have some backbeat ones which are years old, but have developed a fuzz this week.
    They also are a bit wind noisey. What about these bone conduction jobbies. On a commute can you hear spoken word stuff clearly- podcasts etc?

lardman
    Free Member

The bone condenser ones are pretty good actually. The bass is a little thinner than ‘in ear’ but it’s not too bad. Fine for non audiophiles.

tall_martin

I killed 4 wires sets of headphones at the start of locksdown.

I got some aftershocks. They have been good, but I don’t wear them on the road. You can still hear cars, but if I’m listening to music, I’m not paying attention to road noise.

I’m happy using them off road and running. When I get to a road/ crossing I stop them.

sockpuppet

Aye, Shokz Openrun. It’s not not what you asked for, because they’re well over budget.

But it is what you should get for riding.

baser
    Free Member

I have Bose Sound Sports and After Shox Aeropex. Bose sound better for sure but I’ve killed several pairs running and biking in the rain. The After Shox lack bass and some detail in the sound but I’ve been using them for a couple of years with no issues rain or shine and its nice to hear the outside world when out and about.

Fat-boy-fat

Another vote for Aftershox. Well over your budget but perfect for biking.

zippykona

Double ditto on the aftershox

Del

I have 2 pairs of jabra elite 45e. They’re pretty decent for the money.

reeksy

@jkomo I find they work ok for podcasts, depending on the recording quality. Sometimes on the noisiest roads it’s it worth it.

Another vote for Powerbeats Pro – no NC, but you don’t really want that for riding the bike

lungman

I have a pair of earshots you can have for £40. Very good for riding in, weak in bass but that’s to be expected. I prefer my optishox-rding specs with bone conduction.

mail me if your interested

Jay

alan1977
    Free Member

aftershockz or what ever they have rebranded to
    i wear them on my commute and solo rides, well worth extra
    ive also got premium in ear with audio pass through earphones, but cant be riding with them in

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.