Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Wireless Earbuds
  • More people in the office seem to be ditching their wired earbuds for wireless ones.

I wouldn’t mind trying some but don’t want to stump up big money if I don’t get on with them so what have you got that’s worth looking at?

Are the Sony or Bose worth the extra cash?

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

Same as you, I’ve been looking at Cambridge Audio Melomania 1’s. Reviews seem pretty good and they can be got for around a ton.

Premier Icon onewheelgood
    Subscriber

I bought the Sonys, probably shouldn’t have bothered. They are quite heavy and tend to fall out of my ears – I’ve tried all the supplied tips but can’t find one that works. Noise cancelling is not very effective. Sound is ok, battery life is good. It was the battery life that I chose them for, but I think something cheaper, like those Cambridge Audio Melomanias, would have been a better choice.

Powerbeats here. Not cheap, but sound good, hook well over the ear for sports and waterproof. Whether they are worth £200+ compared to others, I don’t know

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

Currently using my new Anker ones off Amazon, £40 with a voucher, very impressed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SJR6HL3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got some Anker ones too, think they were £25 for sport versions. The sound isn’t quite as good as my previous sennheiser wired ones but they were twice the price. I’m a convert to wireless but will probably spend a little more next time. But not anything like the Bose our similar as I tend to break headphones every couple of years.

Noise cancelling are very popular in our new open plan offices

Premier Icon sneakyg4
    Subscriber

Bose Soundsport here, expensive but worth it, tried a few cheaper pairs, simply not up to the job.

They are loud, sound good and dont fall out when I am running, none of the others I tried could do all three.

Stealth ad: I’m selling a set of these for £60:

https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/products/headphones/true-connect?gclid=CjwKCAiAzuPuBRAIEiwAkkmOSMkZHesYLWDf7hgbPp3jCOQHPZB76jbvtZjURxmuDJiA1zd-QcFvKRoCQmsQAvD_BwE

Bought in October, used 4 times, perfect condition. I just cant for the life of me get used to that fear of them falling out. Back to cables for me.

IHN

Jabra Elite 65 Active here, they’re really good. Importantly (for me) they’re excellent on calls too. The Cambridge ones are supposed to be great for music, terrible for calls.

gauss1777

I was in the same boat a few weeks back, when there were a couple of similar threads. I didn’t know what to get, or whether I would like them anyway. I find headphones difficult to buy, as ideally you’d trial them first.
    Anyway, I bought some tws i12’s from Amazon for about £15. I thought if nothing else, they’d be good enough for podcasts. For me they’re pretty good for both podcasts and listening to music. I still prefer wired at times though.

Premier Icon dove1
    Subscriber

Beats X work for me. They are semi-wireless in that there is no cable to the phone but the earbuds have a cable between them. That gets rid of the fear of one falling out and getting lost.
    Sound is good and they are fine for calls as well.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I have some Anker Soundbuds that have a wire connecting them together but not to your phone. This is a good option for work because you can remove them and magnetically click them together so they sit around your neck when you have to deal with people.

I had some of the original Sony ones which sounded gorgeous and were wonderful to wear, but not much good for NC and they were unreliable. They have refreshed them and apparently they are now excellent.

Premier Icon Gilesey
    Subscriber

I went through a few sets over Christmas, Lypertek Tevi, Anker slim. These bomaker sifi are awesome.

Thoroughly recommend the advice on Scarbir

Premier Icon boris
    Subscriber

I’ve got some Cambridge Audio Melomenia 1’s – sounds great and were £90 at the time. Fit snugly so I can’t say I regret not getting ones with noise cancelling.

Occasional issues with bluetooth but I think this could the phone (Pixel 3a XL) more than the buds as I have issues with other bluetooth devices at times.

johndoh

I have always found Apple earphones to be comfortable and fit well in my ears so I got a set of the AirPods last year for commuting and I am really pleased with them. They are comfortable, easy to set up, have some nice little features and fit nicely in a pocket when in their case.

easily

I agree about AirPods, I’ve been pleased with Mine.

There’s usually better value than Apple stuff, though. These:
    https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-air
    Have had excellent reviews everywhere, and they’re at a good price. I’ve use lots of Creative stuff in the past, and it’s always been well made.

Premier Icon Murray
    Subscriber

I’ve got some Taotronics Sound Liberty 53s, £25 odd quid from Amazon. I’m really impressed with them.

Premier Icon beaker
    Subscriber

I’ve been following these threads with interest, I’ve been looking for good wireless earbuds but can’t face spending lots. I read the link that @gilesey posted and thought that the Tronsmart Spunky Beats was worth a punt. Amazon retailed them £50 but I paid £21 for them last night and got them Primed for today. Have a look here Tronsmart Spunky

I’m really impressed from initial impressions. They sound good, they feel well made and (the case lid is a bit wobbly though) and the sync with video is fine. Not had the chance to see how much listen time you get though. Worth a punt for 20 quid!

mikertroid

Same as you, I’ve been looking at Cambridge Audio Melomania 1’s. Reviews seem pretty good and they can be got for around a ton

I’ve had a set for about a month. Superb sound and performance! Stay put in the gym and have a tiny charging case. Voice calls work better than reviewed IME.

I don’t wear then on the bike; they have good passive noise cancellation so I use bone conducting ones when riding.

thorpey0

Airpods all the way!

Good to see some cheaper end earbuds are worth looking at.

When I listen to podcasts at work, I usually just use the left ear, so I don’t totally isolate myself from the rest of the office.

Which set of earbuds will work with just the left earbud?

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

I bought some Anker Neo somethings….. from Ali express for £23 on Black Friday deal. Really impressed with them

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

Impulse-purchased some Jaybird Freedoms on holiday ages ago, which eventually died. I’d had my money’s worth, but Jaybird gave me 50% off the current Tarah Pros. Amazing battery life (all day), tough and waterproof, sound good, have a really useful app for the phone with personalised EQ, and I like the ‘wire round the back’ style you can wear round your neck when not using them.

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-gb/tarah-pro.html#985-000830

exupmonkey

Another vote for the Jabra Elite 65T here, great sound, battery life and comfort. Passive noise through works well too. That being said I have just bought my wife a set of Band & Olufsen E8’s and they really are very good, the sound is exceptional as you would expect from B&O. They have been on flash sale on Sportpersuit for a while now but still showing as available @ £120 or £115 depending on colour.

Muke

Had similar dilemma and was getting fed up with cable faff so ended up going for JLab JBuds Air True Earbuds. Do everything I need and were on offer @ £30 when I got them a couple of months ago.

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

Sony WI C200.
    Bluetooth but with cord between them. They work fin and no worries about losing one on the bike.
    About£25

mashr

There was an STW recommendation for some sub-£15 things off Aliexpress – dont do it, utter garbage. Well, tbf, they are “ok” if you manage to get both of them playing sound at the same time…..

geomickb

I would love to get some headphones without a wire but isn’t it annoying having another thing to charge?

Mick

Premier Icon breadcrumb
    Subscriber

I had a pair of Sony WI C200, great battery life and very comfortable, didn’t notice them comfortable. Little lacking in the bass department. Lost them at Centre Parcs.
    Replaced with some cheap Jlab ones, didn’t feel as comfortable at all.
    Bought some Sony WI XB400, bass is great for my none audiophile ears.

All the ones I’ve tried are linked together, the battery life and opportunity to lose true wireless Lewis me with linked ones.

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

I’ve bout a pair of SONY wf1000xm3 on the back of this thread. Fit me perfectly so I’ll keep the cheap Sonys for riding.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I would love to get some headphones without a wire but isn’t it annoying having another thing to charge?

Not so much – they live in a little case which has a decent sized battery in it which will then charge the buds. The case can be charged at your leisure.

johndoh

Not so much – they live in a little case which has a decent sized battery in it which will then charge the buds. The case can be charged at your leisure.

This – my Apple ones use the same lightning charger as my phone so I just bung the case on there every so often if my phone has enough charge. Probably do it once every week (just to keep it topped up) and not once have I ever been completely without power (and I use them for around an hour a day six days a week).

retro83

If you’ve got a samsung galaxy phone & the matching buds, the case can be charged wirelessly using the phone itself by laying it on it.

Premier Icon mehr
    Subscriber

If you’ve got a samsung galaxy phone & the matching buds, the case can be charged wirelessly using the phone itself by laying it on it.

If you pre-order the Galaxy S20 Ultra or + you get the new galaxy buds free. I’ve gone for the ultra after Vodafone surprisingly offered me a decent upgrade plan

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Not mine, but there is a pair of Creative Outlier Golds in the classifieds on here. Well reviewed, especially where battery life is concerned and Creative kit is normally great. I’d be buying them if I had the cash

Premier Icon itlab
    Subscriber

I’ve just got a couple of set of TWS i500 pro from the usual Chinese sites.

Form wise they are very similar to EarPods with most of the functionality but Sub £20.

I’m sure the real ones have slightly better voice quality but for under £20 ive Been really impressed. So much so that I’ve just got another set ordered for the wife

Just an update.
    I bought the Bomaker sifi ear buds as recommended above.

They are great for office use and last all day before charging.

Good sound as well. Possibly could do with more bass when listening to music but for podcasts they are perfect.

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

I’ve had a set of Mobvoi ticpods for a year, the supplied single set of tips weren’t great but with some comply foam tips (a pack of three has lasted me over a year) they’re brilliant – loads of bass, no slippage and I use them for running regularly.

Can use them as a single ear bud but only the right one (which has the mic).

Wires just annoy the hell out of me now!

aphex_2k

Fiil t1 x

Google them.

Gearbest

Thank me later.

Premier Icon mickyfinn
    Subscriber

Another Jabra Elite 65T user, for me they’re great. I use Comply foam tips to improve the fit though as I don’t get on with Silicon ones, this isn’t specific to the Jabra though I use them (or a rip off) on all my in ear phones. The Cambridge audios are good tbh but bear in mind if you have a small head/ears (Like I do) you look like you’re walking around with a cyberman’s finger sticking out of each lug. People with larger heads may not have this issue. The Jabra (especially the new 75’s) are small and discreet compared to some.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.