Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Winterwatch – anyone watching?
  • scotroutes

I passed one of the cameramen yesterday in Abernethy Forest.

franksinatra

——insert Kate Humble beaver joke here———————

701arvn
    Free Member

Nope, Alice Roberts on BBC4

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah, dated format and it’s more a “guess the jacket Brand this series” than content.

I like Gillian, she’s the only presenter that doesn’t get on my tits.

sarawak
    Free Member

Nope. Its just become a vehicle for Brand Packham. Which tub is he thumping tonight?
    And Michaela Strachan never looks comfortable in “the wild”.

birky
    Free Member

Yes, beautiful scenery

CountZero

And Michaela Strachan never looks comfortable in “the wild”.

Dunno why you think that, she’s been doing nature-oriented filming for years, she lives in Hout Bay, South Africa, which is on the coast. Maybe she struggles a bit with the cold!
    What strikes me is the obsession some people have with what the presenters wear…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What strikes me is the obsession some people have with what the presenters wear…

This. Who gives a shite what theyr’e wearing?
    Even if it is a dated format (no idea what other format you could use to get similar results) I still find it very interesting informative, with some good photography.

bikebouy
    Free Member

They just ponce about in new brand gear every episode, you watch tomorrow night… new wardrobe and new brands.

Dull.

Format, it’s dated. Shirley they ought to run around with a few iPhones and torches up thier nostrils by now.

Probably, for me, it’s Brand Packam and Brand Strachan.

Could do with more Gillian, more yoof and less sitting around a fire gassing.

IMO

🤷‍♂️

You enjoy it, if it floats yer boat.

richmars

Clearly I’m doing something wrong. Watching a wildlife programme for wildlife when I should be checking out the fashion or thinking up ways to modernise the format.

Drac

We’re switching to the live camera hopefully we will see badger.

Ok there’s nothing but here’s some footage from this morning.

lister

They probably have that footage on standby because wildlife doesn’t always play to their broadcasting slot.
    Just a thought 🤨

prawny

I like it. But I’ve only been watching for a couple of years.

On the jacket subject, we only watched the last Autumnwatch last night and Chris had the same jacket on then too.

Drac

They probably have that footage on standby because wildlife doesn’t always play to their broadcasting slot.
    Just a thought 🤨

No point it’s been done to death evey year. Still we have spring watch to look forward to when the chicks are due to hatch anyday now.

slowoldman

Maybe they have to wear different brands in the BBC’s avowed interest of balance.

scotroutes

And tonight they’ve been trolling STW 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like the locations, I think the filming is pretty good, I don’t like the Brand image they’ve produced 🤷‍♂️

Time for another set of presenters..

Like Gillian, Lolo and maybe a few yoof..

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🕴🎥🚶‍♂️✌️

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don’t like the Brand image they’ve produced 🤷‍♂️

What are you on about? I’m listening to what theyr’e saying & watching the clips, not admiring (or not, in your case) what they’re wearing.
    & TBH, Gillian’s ok & very keen but she seems ill at ease speaking in front of camera, she’s always hesitating with words/sentences.

OH Hang On! Youv’e got the hots!! Just realised!

trademark
    Free Member

Only on STW would you get people watching a wildlife program and bitching about fashion.🙄

jimw
    Free Member

Gillian says ‘now’ at the start of every sentance. Once you hear it, it becomes quite irritating.
    Anyhow, brand Packham is ok, imho of course.
    CA supporters disagree. Shame

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Chris Packham is sliding dangerously close to Bill Oddie territory in the smugness stakes.

Never been sure where Michaela Strachan’s charm is.

The other two are OK.

And the nature stuff is flipping awesome, as ever.

mrb123
    Free Member

I like Packham. Can understand that his style is not for everyone but he is a genuine enthusiast and very knowledgeable.

whitestone
    Free Member

And tonight they’ve been trolling STW

That was my immediate thought about the opening sequence.

Agree that Gillian seems ill at ease in front of the camera, might just be her speech patterns which are in stark contrast to Packham’s and Williams’. In the case of the latter two it’s obvious they have a deep knowledge of the subject but also ad-lib around it.

rickmeister

Michaela Strachan was great on The Hit Man and Her….

Bunnyhop

Can anyone remember the 5 rules regarding the piece on mental health please?

Iolo is one of my favourites, as is Michaela and Chris. Not a fan of Gillian. I feel they’ve brought her in to fill the BBC criteria.

sweepy
    Free Member

I can’t remember them offhand but its the ‘5 ways to wellbeing’ campaign I can’t imagine you will have much trouble finding it

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Agreed about Iolo, very knowledgeable and just comes across far far better than Gillian.

The five ways are: take notice, connect, keep learning, be active and give.

We are running a series of events at our museum based around these. Yoga in the galleries etc I think they have planned!

CountZero

They just ponce about in new brand gear every episode, you watch tomorrow night… new wardrobe and new brands.

Chris Packham always wears Mountain Equipment gear, I’ve seen him on other programmes where he’s wearing the same kit, he has done for quite some time. Just as Professor Alice Roberts has been wearing Arc’teryx jackets for years. He always wears Muckboots, as does Iolo.
    At least they don’t all wear Berghaus kit, or have bits of duct tape over the logos, or have the logos blurred out, which I’ve seen on commercial telly at times.
    Presenters seem to be free to wear what the hell they want, instead of wearing whatever job lot of outdoor gear the Beeb has obtained at a discount, I’ve noticed one Beeb news presenter wearing a £70 Decathlon Quechua down jacket when doing OB’s; freedom to choose to wear what seems to be appropriate for the conditions prevailing at the time – just like you do, funnily enough.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Winterwatch – anyone watching?’ is closed to new replies.