Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • brakes
    Free Member

COME ON ENGLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Class act, great try. Top tackling England.

DanW
    Free Member

Good to see Ashton fancies another game without any tackling 😀

Tom-B
    Free Member

**** me. Lawes is having a shocker.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

That French 15 is a great player.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bloody hell, robshaw is holding the team up by the pants! What a player.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep Robshaw has been excellent and everywhere! Goode has looked very solid too. Farrell is looking very average with ball in hand.

wrecker
    Free Member

It seems like Farrell has a bit of an attitude problem. Lawes needs to go and have a rest. I’d like to see care come on. France are playing very cleverly (deep vs the rush defence), its a shame they’ve come to their senses and bought in trinh duc for this game!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bien joue, Les Bleus (jusqua’a maintenant!). They have got under our skin and how the value if playing people (T-D etc) in position. Shocking ttackiling from Ashdon, Youngs, and Lawes. No 6 can miss this many in a test match. Thank goodness for Robshaw and OF’s boot.

Schoolboy errors from England 2 for the second week running. They need to make the Line Out form up on the mark. Instead as in Ireland they merely throw down the line of the oppo’s forwards. Crazy!

We need an early decisive score!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Agreed wrecker. Farrell isn’t in the right mindset. Care would relish this type of game.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Where did that come from – and just as France make the silliest substitution of 6N so far! Phew!

wrecker
    Free Member

Chuffed for Manu.
    Interested to see that Lancaster has taken off a great athlete without a brain and put on a ……..great athlete without a brain.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Haha at least the Hask is capable of tackling above grass height.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Cheers Freddie!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

England rampant now!

bruk

Mmm, has anyone checked the French coaches pockets for betting slips. Sure he is basing his pension on a payout on France losing all their games this year. How can you substitute your most effective players and cock up the strong position you were in?

DanW
    Free Member

France seem determined to lose! Chinese betting syndicate watching this game intently? 😀

Woodward said it right… Frances decisions and subs are “criminal” 😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Don’t they just, French coach needs a talking too.

grahamt1980

Flood should start the next match after that

wrecker
    Free Member

I enjoyed that very much. Did you, Steve? 😆

bruk

Given how lame Farrell was for a while before they subbed him Flood may well have to start. Only saw the 2nd half but can’t believe how badly the French deteriorated with their subs coming on. Michalak was appalling and cant believe he was brought on.

Ps what I saw confirmed Ashton is almost as bad as Michalak and a grade A bell end too.

sputnik
    Free Member

What a clash!
    Never doubted England for a second though.
    Robshaw was a tower of strength , Tialagi brilliant throughout the entire game as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

I thought care made a massive difference.vunipola too.

Bear
    Free Member

One average game from Farrell and you drop him?
    Flood had an easier ride with a period of England dominance.
    England win playing average they are improving learning and developing all the time. Given where they were a year ago I’d say the coaches are doing a lot very well therefore ill back their decisions rather than us armchair coaches.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep. Ashton is a knob. Freddie is shit. Care is the best English 9.

DanW
    Free Member

And Youngs in the loose Wrecker.

England have some very good players but still leave themselves open with guys like Ashton and Goode. I know they have their merits but England have so many other options who could offer more in attack (they wouldn’t be loosing anything in defense!). I guess as it is at the moment they don’t need to risk much in attack as playing average is a more than successful strategy at the moment.

The England forwards were immense and are making the England scorelines look more flattering than the overall performance deserves. That’s rugby though and it is up to the other team to disrupt that!

DanW
    Free Member

Also it bothers me that most of the England backline look fresh out of One Direction 😀

Bear
    Free Member

Goode? He’s played well and did his job.
    Top flight sport is about doing your job for the team within a framework

wrecker
    Free Member

I thought Goode had a very good game today. The weaker tacklers (Brown, Ashton and youngs) were horribly exposed by fofana.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Goode was excellent today. He does the bread and butter full back stuff very well.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I agree. Goode played well. The ronseal 15. Does the job well with minimum fuss. Very solid at the back.

The beauty of rugby, and to a lesser extent England, is how fortunes can change so quickly. Against Ireland, Youngs looked secure, Hartley better that Youngs and Laws looked like a good tackler. Today the rolese seemed totally reversed. Thank goodness for squad rugby!! No need to consider either of our wings for the Lions in that!

I thought T-D could kick? Why not just change the French kickers around but keep them in the field?

DanW, I don’t get your point about forwards flattering the score. That’s the opposite of when golfers say, “I played well today but couldn’t put.” Both are integral to their respective sport, so I cant see the point of making such a distinction personally.

Poor old Andy Nicoll. The old chipper must have been squirming. Soma least he could “HIGHLIGHT” two infringements. I hope he never watches the All Blacks 😉 !

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You know, i find that appalling.

England’s women are playing France in front of an empty stadium – the tickets were free for christs sake, how depressing must it be to run out for your country in front of 82’000 empty seats.

I despair sometimes. I would have loved to have been there for both games.

wrecker
    Free Member

Trouble is muddydwarf, I can go watch a higher standard of rugby locally for free.

Tom-B
    Free Member

…..I’d guess that a large portion of the crowd booked travel package tickets and had coaches that were leaving soon after the end of the mens game.

Tom-B
    Free Member

….and what wrecker says. The bits that I’ve caught have been dire!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Wrecker – the tickets/seats are free and it’s still an International.

Kryton57

Farrell played a long time with an injury. He should have waved the white flag for the sake of the team earlier but was too arrogant. Luckily it didnt matter and his missed kicks didn’t feature on a loss.

England more average this week, mentally though they didnt go down which is good.

Next weeks a big big match! Slam for England with an ascending Wales to beat.

Bear
    Free Member

Kryton – that is a ridiculous statement.

He may have stayed on under team orders, he may have hoped to run it off, you don’t know the full picture but to say it is arrogant is silly.

I do have to say there was some silly niggle from England which I’m sure management will not take kindly to.

wrecker
    Free Member

I do have to say there was some silly niggle from England which I’m sure management will not take kindly to.

I agree. Some was from Ashton which is as we expected but Farrell? I hope he’s not starting to believe his own hype.
    On another note, I cannot understand how youngs can possibly command a starting spot now. Care made a vast improvement.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yep, Farrelt over did to today. Ashton we no about. But please not Farrell as well.

No disrespect to Italy or Scotland intended, but Cardiff is looking more and more exciting. Wales with a chance of defending a title and England with a chance of a GS if next results go to form. It course the beauty of the 6N is that this is a very dangerous assumption to make!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.