Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • anagallis_arvensis

Good idea!!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Youngs just isn’t strong enough to be an international hooker….he’s popped up in nearly every scrum. Get the mental kiwi on asap!

Tom-B
    Free Member

FFS one point in it….we are giving this to the scottylanders. The backs don’t want to get tackled. Farrell and Morgan have been the best two with ball in hand ffs!! Get both the Youngs off!!

Pigface
    Free Member

I am miserable 😥

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m guessing that Hamilton isn’t the first and wont be the last to call Ashton a merchant banker 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

Christ Farrell was strangling Richie Gray infront of the ref then!!

Oh well try!!! 🙂

Bear
    Free Member

What the same Richie gray who was lying over the ball?

sputnik
    Free Member

Robshaw MOTM for me so far.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yup…..the ref is free to penalise him though.

Is the Stuart Hogg the best in the world at kicking from hand?

Bear
    Free Member

Hogg looks exciting like to see him put under a bit more pressure, but he looks good. Robshaw a far better player than given credit for.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve never rated Robshaw-today is changing my opinion of him. Farrell has been excellent too.

Bear
    Free Member

And like him or loath him Ashton has looked for work and took an opportunity well.

wrecker
    Free Member

Tom B – Member
    Youngs just isn’t strong enough to be an international hooker….he’s popped up in nearly every scrum. Get the mental kiwi on asap!
    POSTED 30 MINUTES AGO #

I don’t like to say I told you so but…….
    Did you see the aerial view of the scrum and see the gaps in the eng front row?
    Youngs needs strong scrummagers either side.
    Saying that, Murray has popped up loads.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I was saying the same Wrecker—-Youngs and Marler can’t hold on to eachother in the scrum. It’s not like they’re up against a top notch front row either.

Back to the game, above all else, forward passes really do wind me up. Blatant forward pass from Youngs to 36 for the try there…..

oh well…… TRY!!

sputnik
    Free Member

Sharp little try from Ashton, thank goodness he didn’t try to swan dive… 😀

Tom-B
    Free Member

That was a beauty of a pass from Farrell

semuc
    Free Member

Take a bow owen farrell. Often criticised his passing but that was beautiful!

Bear
    Free Member

Good defensive speed from England.

brakes
    Free Member

Blatant forward pass from Youngs to 36 for the try there…..

looked level to me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good for Scotland. Under the cosh there and then great break away. Much better game tha I expected/ feared.

wrecker
    Free Member

Fair play to Scotland. They’ve been outplayed but their determination has really kept the score down. No signs of giving up, vastly improved.

semuc
    Free Member

Really good game. England tried to play at pace and mistakes will happen. The passage of play for the scots second try contained some brilliance from both sides.

tinybits
    Free Member

Both teams played well, lots to improve on but decent play. Not often I can say that about either team!

drewfus
    Free Member

First trophy of the year for the English lads, hopefully more to come 🙂

Bear
    Free Member

An un-England type of game. If they can continue in this style and back themselves to score more than the oppo then they will good to watch and hopefully challenge for the title.
    What is apparent though is how both games have had good play from all sides who have threatened. Bodes well for a great six nations.

sputnik
    Free Member

Enjoyed every minute of that . Good rugby from both sides.

brakes
    Free Member

aggressive and clinical by England, Scotland were always on the back foot

seba560
    Free Member

Two results I didn’t want, pah!

wrecker
    Free Member

Two results I didn’t want, pah!

Quite the opposite here. Very happy.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Excellent game. Get rid of Brown, Goode and the Young’s brothers and we’ll be looking good!

wrecker
    Free Member

Agreed care was outstanding.

sputnik
    Free Member

Lose Brown +1
    Looked like he was on the back foot the whole game, just not up to the pace of the attacking moves.

luke1688

I don’t understand all this ‘get rid of brown’- he makes loads of yards every game that he plays. Solid under the high ball, elusive, breaks tackles. Surely that’s what you want from a wing/full back!? And Ben Youngs threatens opposition forwards everytime, drawing them in which creates space out wide

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d want it from a full back-I’d like a winger to beat at least one defender in a game.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

[/quote]In terms of the 6N Ireland have the big teams at home and are away to the third tier nations so I think we will do very well. We are starting to get a good mix of youth coming through to blend with the experience and BOD is back which always gives the squad a lift. If we start with a win in Cardiff, a game we should win easily, then I think we can win the tournament overall.

Well I got the first bit right!!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Turnovers, penalties and inability to keep posession killed Scotland, **** poor basics as usual.

I am not a robshaw fan at all but thought he played very well as did l’berry, beattie and hogg for scotland, zebo and bod for Ireland, 1/2p looks the pick of the Welsh.

Some poor ref’ing in both matches which takes the shine off a good day of rugby.

Think a few alledged lions need some very big games rest of 6n. Warburton and obrien were pretty poor, gray not great either.

semuc
    Free Member

I’m sure there was a stat that showed Brown had made twice the yards with the ball than anyone else at one stage. I thought he was excellent today. Goode looked sluggish (still feeling his injury?) though and not great under the high ball. Also with Twelvetrees in the side his creativity and distribution isn’t needed as much. Brown to fullback for next week with Foden on the wing. I’d stick with Twelvetrees and bring Tuilagi in for Barritt.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d do much the same semuc….

Warburton is really looking poor isn’t he. Has form is one thing, but he is really becoming a shrinking violet too and not giving any leadership. Gray was very poor today-he’s in every maul, but doesn’t really do a lot when he’s there. Is he fit though?

Bear
    Free Member

Same team different bench. Although thought Haskell was good at 8.
    Scrummaging is becoming less important as fewer scrums these days. Think there were only a handful in the Wales game

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah I thought Haskell was good. Whatever happened to ‘brand Haskell’?

Edit, although he replaced Morgan didn’t he go to blindside with Wood at 8?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.