Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pity Carter isnt playing in a way. I love watching him play.

And, when we win, it’ll all be, “It’s only because Carter wasn’t playing”

😉

anagallis_arvensis

Nurse….. He’s out of his bed again!!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

I think he is doing the best he can with a bad lot.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 I was the thousandeth HEAR ME ROAR 😆

anagallis_arvensis

I think by clever they mean they will kick the goals when available. It seems to be a lesson all england captains need to learn.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It seems to be a lesson all england captains need to learn.

FTFY!

anagallis_arvensis

I think wales are happy to lose by being shit not by not kicking goals. Cant think of many timrs wales have lost by kicking to the corner repeatedly or Scotland for that matter. England seem to do it repeatedly. Funniest was the wembly game. Having a shit lineout since Norster retired has some advantahes.

Kryton57

I think by clever they mean they will kick the goals when available. It seems to be a lesson all england captains need to learn.

At the risk of sounding like I’m on a personal crusade against you AA (I’m not, I promise and apologise in advance if it feels that way) – the Woodward/Wilkinson era was sometimes quoted as dull due to too much kicking? I lost count of the times Johnson/Wilkinson said on Camera “Its winning the game that matters”.

Since Woodward left, I agree, every manager has seemed to want to answer the “score more tries” call.

loum
    Free Member

Talking of tries, these are the 4 nominations for try-of-the-year:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=roVdcpeblmE[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tBk6PjwsILA[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KsT41G9_imU[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tKRReMWaBgQ[/video]

I reckon the Savea one, but there’s also a lesson in how not to tackle with your face from Keet in the other.

And SOB starts at 8 tonight 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Woodwards team started by playing a lot of great attacking rugby and then became more pragmatic as greatness called. They also missed a few wins by not taking kicks such as the 1999 game. They were later criticised for kicking too much when games were already won or by chippy welsh for winning ugly. I never understood the later. Wales have got all their success since 2006 by playing a pretty dull game but people still think they play attacking rugby.

anagallis_arvensis

i like tbhe Gear try. Smith is a **** great 13.

wrecker
    Free Member

I wish we all supported each other, particularly against the SH teams. It would be nice to cheer the welsh and Scottish on and just say well done for a win or hard luck for a loss. Be good if our unions helped each other too. Unfortunately we English are apparently so despised that this will never happen. Seems madness that the welsh will be cheering on the saffas this weekend and we english the all blacks. Its all a bit, well “football”. Ah well.

Kryton57

TBH, Although I’m hiding in this thread I do, except when we (England) are playing them. I do watch and cheer on the home nations.

Re Conrad Smith, totally agree. Once Nonu learned to pass I always saw the Nonu/Smith pairing as one of the best centre partnerships in world rugby.

anagallis_arvensis

Dont worry wrecker we have the Lions!!! We can bicker like hell about the team right up until kick off then we allow the english to be honoury celts for a few weeks!

loum
    Free Member

Great player, and his part in the try made it, but it was perfect turnover ball against 14 men who were already beaten – so not the best for me. But tbh, it was painful to watch at the time so I doubt I’ll ever like that try.
    Smith always seems to step up when Dan Carter’s out so should be a good show tomorrow. and Aaron Cruden would be in most test sides anyway IMHO (guessing he’ll start).

wrecker
    Free Member

It would still make more sense to support the chaps who live a couple of miles from me across the bridge rather than some blokes from the other side of the world!
    You’re probably right though, things will never change and unity will be the preserve of lions tours!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, Embra v Spreys tonight then? No Hanno 🙁

Tom-B
    Free Member

Right enough racism, it could be a child’s face next time 🙂 Let’s do more lions predictions.

I’m just going to throw it out there, Flood at 12 for the Lions.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ Tom!

Oh, and 😆 @ Tom for the earlier post too..!

anagallis_arvensis

Flood at twelve, with Gatland in charge no way never. He loves his big lumps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/19391057

Spreys game live if anyone’s interested.
    I can see why Embra play at Murrayfield, but it’s about twelve people rattling around in there now. Not really conducive to real atmosphere, IMO

Bear
    Free Member

Mmmm, like all this talk of supporting each other and happy to go along with it if it is from all sides.

The only trouble I have is when they play the AB’s because they are so good to watch and play a brand of rugby no one can match.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ok. Bearman is THE coolest name in rugby. Cannot be bettered FULL STOP

Tom-B
    Free Member

Thanks Flashy, I try my best 🙂 Treviso v Ulster on free view now followed by embra v them welsh blokes….bottle of red vino and not thinking about getting up for work tomorrow for me then 🙂

Some ace hits from Treviso going in here!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

3,100 people to watch an O’s 2nd XV v Embra. Seriously, that few people? Why not play at a good club ground?

Also, last weekend, v New Zealand, was the last time Murrayfield was full since 1994 or so. Seriously? The Scotchish can’t even sell out a 6N game?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I think that the latter stat was questioned a few minutes later. That commentary was hilarious! 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

**** hell that was dull.

IdleJon

Carter: He was taken to a Cardiff hospital on Friday morning, where scans revealed the extent of the damage he was accidentally smashed in the ankle with a sledge hammer.

IdleJon

And once again the Ospreys are wondering about refereeing inconsistency.

They had Bevington sent off for repeatedly collapsing the scrum. They had conceded 5 penalties at this point (3 in the scrum iirc), Edinburgh had conceded 8. Later when Duncan Jones came on, the Embra scrum popped up in retreat 5 times before the ref thought fit to award a penalty. (Although he had awarded a free kick after the 3rd time!) No mention of sending off.

With the Ospreys attack 3m from the Embra line they were penalised for killing the ball, a very harsh penalty anyway, but one which wasn’t awarded less than 2 minutes later when Embra did exactly the same. Although this time the Ospreys 7 came in from the side to try to get around the flopped over Embra player and was sent off himself.

No penalty for Embra tackler not releasing and playing the ball on the floor within 5m of their line with the Os attack in full flood? No card for Bishop being taken out off the ball by being grabbed from behind around the face?

No wonder the Os capitulated – they weren’t going to win this game with this ref.

I’ll be accused of sour grapes and of blaming the ref for the Os poor play (and they weren’t great but then they weren’t allowed to build anything), but this is exactly the type of reffing I complained about earlier this thread. The sort of brainless, inconsistent and just plain one-sided reffing that costs teams games. The sort that makes me HATE watching rugby. I should be watching teams play, not shouting at the ref.

Anyway, that’s out of my system, carry on as you were..

loum
    Free Member

Idlejon earlier?
    😉

anagallis_arvensis

I only watched the second half so maybe did not see the context of the refs decisions but he looked bloody awful. Duncan Jones ( who is back to his best it seems this year) looked utterly mystified to start with and by that last pen I thought he was going to lamp the ref.

IdleJon

Duncan Jones ( who is back to his best it seems this year) looked utterly mystified to start with and by that last pen I thought he was going to lamp the ref.

Posted 6 minutes ago # Report-Post

Good example. At the last scrum he didn’t drive straight, so fair enough penalty in that regards. But he didn’t drive straight because the the Embra prop popped up straightaway!

Pigface
    Free Member

Idle John reffing or the lack of it is killing my enjoyment of rugby. Watching the O’s play Glawster in the LV, it was a great game pretty much 3rds v’s 3rds but fun and open.

We had a guy sin binned which I wasn’t going to whine about, 10 minutes later we are camped on the Glawster line and they give away 4 penalties in quick succession and nothing ??????????? just maddening with the inconsistency.

Pigface
    Free Member

Double post

Kryton57

Well, here we go. I am nervous for England.

transapp
    Free Member

First couple of scrums and a world of differance

Pigface
    Free Member

Dawson is as boss eyed as they come and Ian Robertson is the worst commentator in the world, just cant listen to him anymore 😡

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ireland looking very good.

Pigface
    Free Member

Aye just killing them which makes our performance even more pitiful

Good work Ireland

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.