Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Winter/Autumn gloves
  • rjj
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a pair of the De Feet Duragloves that I use on the road but I am finding them to cold already and we are only in October – I was hoping to use them at least into November. Anyone got any recommendations for some decent, warm gloves which are not full on winter gloves.

Thanks,

Richard

darthshearer
    Free Member

I am still in fingerless gloves 😆 But we are all different and you maybe in Scotland!

When it gets colder I use Prendas Super Roubaix gloves, lovely. In the depths of winter I usually use these as a lining glove. But thats when its very very cold for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i broke out my original lidl special gloves.

The old windproof fleecy lined ones for todays ride in that started at -1. Was cold to start and warmed up 😀

When winter hits propper ill have on my marmot ice climbing mitts or pogies dependant on bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rjj
    Free Member

I am Kent so actually warm temperatures – I always have had cold fingers and toes but really hate wearing bulky gloves

chakaping
    Free Member

People’s idea of warm differs, but I’m very happy with the Planet X Flanders gloves for all but freezing rides.

They seem to be on permanent discount too.

spacehopper

what works for me is..

summer – normal fox gloves

its a colder day.. – decathlon £1 fleecey gloves with the fox gloves on top

its freezing – Fox Anti-Freeze

If my hands are cold at the beginning of a ride i often find if i stop for a few minutes once the rest of me has warmed up, that my hands will warm up then..

not sure if its either a circulation thing from my position on the bike.. or just air flow over my hands keeping them colder whilst i am riding.. but it seems to work for me most of the time!

mrblobby
    Free Member
    deadkenny
    Free Member

Endura Dexter all year. No such thing as winter or summer gloves for me. Hands feel the same all year round. If they’re cold, you’re not riding hard enough 😛

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Slight hijack. I have the defeet gloves too, I actually find them warm enough for most of the winter for mtbing, I don’t do road riding. What I would like is a waterproof shell glove that I can wear over the top of the duras when it gets really cold or wet. Anybody know of any?

jonba
    Free Member

Few suggestions. I have some PX flanders gloves and they are good for this time of year. They don’t seem to have any in stock. I have some Ebay specials from a company called deko that are also good.

I’ve just bought some Phew.cc early winter gloves. Initial inspection and I’m impressed but I’ve not actually used them yet.

I have a lot of gloves as I suffer cold hands so like to have the right ones for the conditions. I find silk liners to be really good as a way of boosting glove performance. They are also small and light you can start a ride with them and then easily stash them later on if the sun comes out.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d like to try a pair of silk liners, any recommended sources that aren’t too pricey?

jonba
    Free Member

Ebay and decathlon is where mine came from.

scotroutes

Decathlon for silk liners. Buy a couple of pairs as they are so thin/lightweight you’ll put them in a pocket and forget where they are 🙂

Endura Strike gloves are my Autumn choice but temperatures around here are probably lower than yours.

jam-bo

Scott minus. Cheap ish from start cycles.

Don’t get any Royal Minus – they are crap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Winter/Autumn gloves’ is closed to new replies.