Winter…yes winter, waterproof jacket

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Winter…yes winter, waterproof jacket
  • malteser

Thought I may as well start looking for my winter waterproof jacket seen as they will be going cheap this time of year, although looking at the weather now that may not be the case. Anyone got any recommendations? Like Alpkit and Polaris’ offerings. Have had a Royal Racing Matrix previously but wasn’t too impressed.

Premier Icon vincienup
    Subscriber

Alpkit’s Argonaut is still on sale at £79. I’m hugely impressed with mine. I don’t believe actual breathable waterproofs get better with spending a helluva lot more.

malteser

Yeh was looking at one of those, bit concerned the mid is quite snug. I would normally go a size up but I don’t want it to drown me pardon the pun.

Premier Icon robertpb
    Subscriber

I have one of these, dhb MTB Trail Waterproof Jacket, down from £150 to £112.50 at the moment.

Premier Icon BadlyWiredDog
    Subscriber

lpkit’s Argonaut is still on sale at £79. I’m hugely impressed with mine. I don’t believe actual breathable waterproofs get better with spending a helluva lot more.

They get perceptibly more breathable, but the problem is it’s still not ‘more breathable enough’ unless you’re someone who runs very cool.

qwerty

If you can stomach fluro yellow & are medium, Evans eBay shop are selling off Gore Paclite C3 GoreTex jackets for £72, down from £160.

malteser

I like the look of this 🙂

malteser

DHB one I mean!

Premier Icon Painey
    Subscriber

I wish Rab would do their stretchy waterproofs with enough vents for cycling. I was having a look at one the other day and it felt so much nicer than my Berghaus gore tex active shell jacket. I don’t rate that fabric very highly to be honest. Feels horrible against your skin and you still get wet from it not letting enough hot air out.

Are there any other stretchy waterproofs that I’ve missed?

aP

PedalEd
    OMM Kamleika

Have a look and see if you can find an Endura or Dirtlej onsie on sale.
    I got the Endura one for under £300 new, and it’s brilliant.

I know that it isn’t the question you asked, but it really is the best thing you can wear for winter mountain biking.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.