• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Houns.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • winter whiskey deals
  • mahalo

this thread normally appears closer to crimbo but the nights are drawing in, theres a nip in the air, the leaves are falling… tis the season to light the fire and pour a dram…. i emptied my last bottle (Aberlour 12yrs) at the weekend so I need to re-stock – Any scorchio deals out there at the moment?

StuF

Not so much a deal, but the Wire Works whisky is very nice – coming out of Ambergate in Derbyshire. I’m happy to pay a bit more for a nice special bottle and support a local business

duncancallum

So just Irish Whiskey then😉

Pyro

So just Irish Whiskey then 😉

Or American (except Makers Mark).

crazy-legs

Keep an eye on Amazon, they often have some decent discount deals.

Coyote
    Free Member

Tesco have had some crazy Clubcard deals on of late. Mainly in the bourbon space, not really much of a scotch drinker so don’t follow trends. Worth a watch.

johnnystorm

Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70cl https://amzn.eu/hgTd4Ma

Subscribe with a 6 month delivery schedule and cancel the sub once it has arrived.

duckman

I used to like Bunna but they did a Highland park on it a few years back.

onehundredthidiot

I need someone to go to Tasmania and visit Lark’s distillery and bring me back a bottle. Please. Pretty pretty please.

duncancallum

Tesco always seem to be the best

13thfloormonk

I used to like Bunna but they did a Highland park on it a few years back

Do tell? What’s ‘doing a Highland Park’?

I like all the Islay whiskies except Bunahabhain, it tastes like bad pub whisky to me ☹️

Picked up a new Ardbeg recently, ‘Wee Beastie’. Reasonably cheap in Tesco for an Ardbeg, 5 year age statement, very punchy. Not so much a deal as just a reasonably priced bottle.

dashed
    Free Member

I presume “doing a Highland Park” refers to the fact they did loads of specials which were NAS. HP widely available HP is now 10 year old rather than 12 (at least in my local Tesco etc) which isn’t as good by a long stretch. I really like Bunna myself but agree with the sentiment.

gordimhor

I would also be loathe to buy anything from Bunnahabhain without an age statement and then I would buy a glass of it first. Highland Park brought out a load of NAS whisky without keeping an eye on quality control. Bunnahabhain have done the same.

gordimhor

There is a theory doing the rounds. Money is tight so the sales of NAS whiskys are likely to fall. Distillers know this so won’t release so much for sale. Bad news if you’re after low price malt whisky now. However it means there will be more aged whisky around in a few years time so to make your brand sell it will have to be better quality. Good news if you’re after a bottle in the £50-80 range

johnners
    Free Member

I would also be loathe to buy anything from Bunnahabhain without an age statement

I picked up a bottle of the Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair the other week for £25. I’d have been miffed if I’d paid any more for it to be honest.

Houns

Following for any Speyside deals (especially Aberlour)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.